“Pleasantly shocked” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Danbury
So. Florida
“Pleasantly shocked”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2010

After reading an on-line review which was negative, I had concerns about reserving, however the evening desk-person Matt, was very up-beat and pleasant and it gave me cause to reserve. Upon arrival the young lady checking us in was busy cleaning the front door and she too was very pleasant and upbeat. Later I spoke with Matt and besides being a great representative for you, managed to encourage me, without undo pressure, to join the Rewards program.

We find the room more than adequate, clean, bright, and presentable. We have been a long-time Comfort Inn client and in the past had enjoyed a Friend's and Family favored price structure however, our 'friend' is no longer with us. We have two more locations to reserve and will give LaQuinta consideration providing they have a facility in Winchester, VA and Brunswick, Ga or thereabout. There is an Outbook Restaurant attached to the hotel and nearby, in a Christmas Tree Shop plaza is one of the best Italian Restuarans, priced reasonably named Sinappi's. We had been taken there 5 years ago and try to get there once a year since.
Try the Rigatoni Vodka and the Fetuccini Bolognese. Wow. Again, do not fear the La Quinto......it was better than expected and more than worth the stay.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Pa.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2010

Great newer la Quinta. Rooms are nice and the service was very good. Large eating area. Next door to Outback Steakhouse and you can enter from the hotel. Has a pool but it is not completed yet.

Groton, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2010

Only six minutes from Ives concert park we figured for the price this would be our best option. We were blown away by this hotel! This place is spotless and the staff is top shelf. I assure you even "hotel snobs" will love this place.

The rooms are modern with flat screen tv's, QUIET air conditioners, and the beds are to die for. They smell clean and my white socks attracted not a spec of dirt. The linens were fresh and clean and although it is situated near the highway no sound could be heard. The updated bathrooms have the higher counter so you tall people don't have to rest on your knees to brush your teeth. The staff are truely professional and I can tell this hotel cares about return customers. Ok, so we have established cleanliness, great staff, modern decor, and perfect sleeping conditions. I have saved the best for last.....

The breakfast is to die for!! Can you say "Make your own waffles"? Oh yeah, if you have never experienced the joy of the make your own waffle station then you are in for a treat. I cannot for the life of me make a waffle batter like La Quinta has but it is slap yo mama good! Don't like waffles? Donuts, bagels, fruit, cereal, oatmeal, pastries, toast, milk, juices, coffee, espresso it's all there. What a treat after a long night at a concert.

I have to thank La Quinta for allowing Americans a wonderful place to stay at such an affordable price. They make it possible for the broke masses to get out for a weekend and recharge the batteries. I am really impressed and I will only stay at La Quinta anywhere I travel from now on. Like you, I read reviews also and I can assure you you will not be disappointed.

East Coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2010

We come to Danbury several times a year to visit family. We've tried the Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Inn, and most often stay at the Residence Inn. During a last minute trip this month all three were full, and the La Quinta was suggested as an alternate. Had never stayed at a La Quinta before, but liked the area it was in (easy on/off the highway, close to major shopping and restaurants), so we gave it a try.

For all intents and purposes, this is a brand new hotel; it has been renovated from top to bottom. After having stayed for 3 days, I feel confident that the housekeeping staff is on the ball. The room was cleaned thoroughly each day. The room design is good, much more spacious than the Hampton. It had a larger than average flat screen and a really nice reclining chair are differences from other hotels we normally stay in. (wish all hotels had that chair)

Breakfast is an above average continental. I'm a big fan of hotels that include continental breakfasts in their rate. This one is better than the Hampton Inn and Holiday Inn Express versions when it comes to food quality, variety, available seating and cleanliness.

There is a standard Outback connected to the hotel where you can have dinner, a nice bonus is they deliver to the room. We did this once and the food came on time and at the right temperature. In talking to the staff they suggested some local restaurants that we had yet to discover on previous visits, we tried one (Spazi) and it was excellent.

The Front Desk staff and Management were very attentive, they asked often how our visit was going, and for feedback on how to improve. Clearly, the staff takes great pride in their new hotel - which is nice to see in contrast to the complacency that we've experienced from the staff at other hotels lately. (no drones collecting a paycheck here, everyone had personality and genuine warmth)

We have already made our reservations to return in the fall and look forward to making the La Quinta our new stop in Danbury!

Center Valley, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2010

This is by far one of the nicest hotels I have stayed at in a long time. From my stay, I learned that this hotel was just recently renovated and completely redone. Before it was a La Quinta, the hotel was a not-so-good Wellesley Hotel, however it resembles nothing of its past form and is absolutely immaculate with great service and staff.

We checked in late, around 2 A.M, and I was instantly pleased with how the hotel's main sliding doors would not open at late hours unless opened by the clerk at the front desk. This was done mainly for security which I thought was a very smart thing to have. If you were already a checked in guest, the sliding doors would open with the insertion of your room key into a key slot.

As soon as you walk into the hotel, you enter into a very immaculate and modern looking lobby, with a complimentary breakfast area located right behind the lobby. I'm the kind of person who judges a hotel as soon as I walk through the door, and I must say, I was very pleased and relieved with all I saw. The place was extremely clean and just had a relaxing feel to it.

After we checked in, which I may add I was traveling with my girlfriend and our chocolate lab, (yes, this hotel is PET FRIENDLY, another big plus for me!) we made our way to our room. The room, just like the lobby and rest of the hotel did not disappoint. Everything was clean, and the decorations accented the room accordingly. The bathroom was extremely clean, and I am very picky about hotel bathrooms! The shower had one of those wide arching curtain rods to increase shower space, another plus and the bathroom wasn't cramped. You could easily have two people in there at the same time without feeling claustrophobic. Onto the bedroom, the bed, which was a king, was probably one of the most comfortable hotel beds I have slept on, and in my opinion, was far more comfortable then a bed like Westin's "Heavenly Bed" The HVAC system in the room worked good and kept the room very cool during this current heat wave. Located in a nice wooden bureau was a mini fridge and a microwave. Our room also had a very nice flat screen TV, which I believe comes standard in every single room. The quality of the room was amazing, everything seemed brand new and I couldn't complain about anything at all with the room. I had an extremely nice sleep and woke up feeling refreshed in the morning.

The Service:

The service staff in the hotel was very accommodating. After we got to our room and were settled, I called the front desk to ask where I would be able to get some bottled water. He asked me how many bottles I wanted and then said he would bring them up to us. A few minutes later, the door knocks and the front desk clerk was there with our 4 bottles of water. He also brought us each a package of Milano cookies, which I thought was very nice and impressed me. When we woke up, we got ready and went down to the lobby to see how the complimentary breakfast was, which they serve from 6-9 in the morning. Up to this point, I was already extremely impressed with every aspect of the hotel, however I was very skeptical about breakfast because from past experiences at other hotels, these complimentary breakfasts really just end up being some juice and those small boxes of cereal. However the La Quinta's complimentary breakfast hit the spot and was extremely delicious. They had a wide array of things to choose from. At one end they had a juice machine and coffee machine with assorted teas. Next were these DIY waffle makers which just required you to pour in the mix and then flip the cooker and let it cook and then you have yourself a delicious waffle. On the next wall was an assortment of bagels, breads, breakfast pastries and donuts, as well as yogurts and cereals. My girlfriend and I both had a waffle which we both loved. We would have tried the rest but were pressed for time. To sum the breakfast up, it all looked very good, and all the tables, and food areas were clean.

This was my first time staying at a La Quinta hotel before, actually, up until this time, I had never even heard of the chain before. If I am ever in the Danbury area again, this will most definitely be my choice of hotel. In all honesty, I cannot think of one thing that I disliked or turned me off to the hotel. It was a very enjoyable stay and was a nice relaxing break from the long drive I had just come from.

Some added things:

I had programmed the hotel's address into my GPS, which coming from 84, shot me in the wrong direction off exit 8. I had to call the hotel up and the clerk had said when he first started working there, his GPS did the same thing too. He was able to correctly tell me which way to go and helped guide me to getting to the hotel. If you plan on staying here and have a GPS, I would make sure that you call as you get close to make sure your GPS doesn't do the same thing mine did.

Additionally, connected to the hotel is an Outback Steakhouse. (one of my favorite restaurants) Unfortunately, we arrived to late (2 A.M) so they were already closed, however I thought it was nice that the Outback Steakhouse was connected right to the hotel and you can access entry through the hotel or through a public door for non-guests outside the restaurant.

The hotel also has a few computers with access to the internet in the lobby, and also provides free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel. Very nice for someone like me who is an iPhone user.

Reading, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2010

A great new offering. Comfortable, convenient and chock full of amenities. I had a microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker, hair dryer, iron, a nice big work area with free WIRELESS hi-speed. Started the next day in the fitness center before filling up with a free breakfast and newspaper. It was all good.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Danbury? Share your experiences!