“Great stop for a night but beware if you are sensitive to fragrances!!!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Danbury

Save Saved
You added La Quinta Inn & Suites Danbury to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites Danbury
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   116 Newtown Road, Danbury, CT 06810   |
Ranked #2 of 14 hotels in Danbury
North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Great stop for a night but beware if you are sensitive to fragrances!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Absolutely nothing bad to say about this hotel except that the room we were in was so heavily fragranced that we had to have the window open all night. It is right off the I 84 heading west, attached is an Outback Steakhouse . Rooms were clean, service good and friendly but will never stay there again because of the strong smell. More people are becoming irritated by fragrance these days, maybe have a few rooms for people who are sensitive and have no harsh scents used.

• Stayed December 2012
DanburyManager, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Danbury, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to share your review of the hotel. While I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and thought our hotel was clean and our customer service was good, I was disappointed to hear you wouldn’t stay with us again. Cleanliness at the hotel is a priority, but a lingering chemical odor from cleaning supplies is something that we do not aim for. You are correct in stating many people are sensitive to scents, myself included, and having your stay irritated by fragrance is unacceptable. Perhaps this is a training issue and we need to retrain our team on cleaning. It is also quite possible we need to consider using a different cleaning product. I have shared your comments with our Housekeeping Supervisor so we can be more aware of the scents while inspecting rooms and make the adequate changes. Additionally, we do have protocols in place for people who have severe allergies and can clean the room alternate ways to accommodate those guests. I ask that when you do come back to the Danbury area, you reconsider us. Please call me directly and I will make the arrangements to have your room cleaned with our fragrance free items.

Wishing you the best in 2013.

319 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Katonah, New York, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I have stayed here multiple times and each time it gets better. The staff at the hotel goes beyond their normal duties to cater to the needs of the guests in the hotel. They are very friendly, warm, and welcoming to all guests. The lobby area, hallways and rooms are impeccably clean and orderly. The breakfast is great with tons of variety. Can’t compliment the staff enough on everything they do, they are wonderful! Highly recommend staying here whether you are just passing through or looking for a long term stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
DanburyManager, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Danbury, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
We are so happy to hear that our hotel has become your home away from home. We have fantastic guests that we enjoy and are excited that you feel the same way about us! We wish you a fantastic Holiday Season.

See you soon!

Bethesda, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

The hotel was great with one exception. The staff was super-friendly-- actually looked at my rate as I checked in and commented that it seemed too high, they could do better, and lowered it about $20/night! Breakfast was fine, about what you expect. Our dog was with us, and welcomed without a pet-fee, which I appreciate. Room was clean and nice-- except (yes, you knew there was an "except" coming) it stank. We were exhausted when we checked in late at night and didn't really notice, but in the morning it was pretty overwhelming, very strongly of chemicals. I'm guessing it was whatever they use to clean it because it was a pet-friendly room. Maybe this is inevitable, the true cost of a pet-room, but people should know this when making their plans.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

DanburyManager, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Danbury, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
I want to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. While you did enjoy your stay with us, I regret you experienced a lingering chemical odor from your room. We do get in the rooms regularly to clean and additionally, all guest rooms are on a deep clean cycle. From what I can gather with the information you provided, is we perhaps are using too much of a product or we may have to consider using an alternate product. While we want our rooms to be fresh and clean, a lingering scent of chemicals is not what we are striving for. I apologize that your stay was hindered because of this and hope you will consider us again the next time you are in town.

Have a great Holiday Season!

NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I have never really heard great things about La Quinta hotels. But the one in Danbury had been recently renovated and was nice. Danbury is my hometown, but I have not been back in a long time. I think this was a Ramada Inn back in the day. It was clean, the help very nice, the breakfast area is well kept and well stocked each day. I was there for a unfortunate reason, a family memeber was very ill and passed away. I was only planning to stay friday - Tuesday but ended up extending to check out friday morning. Nicole at the front desk was very nice and helpful about changing my reservation. I think that the stressful time and being on the phone there was some miscommunication that I was leaving Saturday. I was charged an extra day. I called them back when I saw it on my CC bill. It was early and the manager was not yet in, but Nicole called my back within an hour and told me I would see the credit on my CC soon. I would have thought I would get some run around. But no, easy peasy. I was very glad, I had no problems or issues which was good during such a stressful time.
A couple of things to know:

I think most GPS' get the directions wrong. I was lost at first, but when I realized where the hotel was located I could find it. There is a traffice loop involved that I think baffles the GPS. There traffic in the area is much worse than I remember and I forgot CT is the land of the left-handed highway exit. It can be a little tricky the entrrance to the hotel is in a awkward place. Once you see it the first time, you will get the hang of it.

It is connected to an Outback Steak House. I ate there once the food was good. But they share parking with the hotel on Friday and Saturday nights the parking is particularlly bad. I did not notice any signs, but I think they should designate hotel quests only parking spots.

Downstairs past the breakfast area, there is a small gym, a vending area with snacks and it also contains some emergency items like advil and tylenol. Sodas and water. There also is a laundry room. Which would have been handy, I was only supposed to stay 4 nights but stayed longer. I however am a horrible over packer, and didn;t have an issue. :).

Over all it was good. Much better than expected.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
DanburyManager, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Danbury, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
My condolences to you and your family on the loss of your loved one. While traveling under those circumstances can be quite a difficult and stressful time, I’m glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hopefully converted you to a La Quinta fan.

We have been attempting to solve the GPS issue since we first opened our doors in July of 2010. Depending on what brand your GPS is, there is the possibility that it could send you to an alternate location on our street. We have updated our coordinates and now it is up to each GPS company to update their systems to the satellites. Certainly being on a one way street, adjacent to a traffic loop can add to the frustration and we have been working with city and state officials in the hopes of getting better signage.

I’m happy to hear that we were able to solve your billing issue in a timely matter. We are all humans and do make mistakes, but we do strive to fix them as soon as possible.

We hope to see you again the next time you are in town.

Have a great Holiday Season!

V.Miele

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Danbury? Share your experiences!