I usually stay at various Marriott properties, but for some reason, none in the Danbury, CT area are 'approved' by our corporate travel department. For those familiar with the area, you have to be careful with some of the older properties; one in particular, I will never stay in again.
When planning a recent trip on the company travel site, I came across the La Quinta. It's approved, it's in the right location, the price is right, and it's become my preferred hotel when in Danbury. It looks like it had a previous life, but has been renovated, and improvements are continuing (a new swimming pool and spa has been built since my last visit.) The rooms are new and clean, the service is good, and they have things like WiFi, flatscreen TV, microwave, and refrigerator. There is an Outback Steakhouse attached that offers dine in or carryout service. One area for improvement would be parking. I stay in the multi-story building at the front of the hotel, and the parking there is limited.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Danbury Hotel
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Danbury Hotel Danbury
- La Quinta Inn And Suites Danbury
- Wellesley Hotel Danbury
- La Quinta Danbury
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The La Quinta Inn & Suites Danbury named a 2013 Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence Award Winner. Located directly off I-84, this hotel is a 9-minute drive from downtown Danbury, Cheesecake Factory, Danbury Fair Mall and Western Connecticut State University. We are just minutes away from Procter & Gamble, General Electric, Pitney Bowes, ATMI, IBM, Boehringer Ingelheim, Mannkind, Praxair, Kimberly Clark and many other companies. Book your wedding block, family reunion, school reunion, sports event or any other event needing rooms. Hotel Features: 135 Overnight Rooms, Free Bright Side Breakfast, connected to Outback Steakhouse & Bar, Microwave & Mini Fridge in every room, Outdoor Salt Water Pool & Whirlpool, Free Wireless High-Speed Internet access, one Meeting Room, Guest Laundry, Fitness Center, and Pets are welcome. Located near Quassy Amusement & Water Park, Local Vineyards, Antique Shops, Ski Areas & Amusement Parks. Our Returns Program will earn you free night stays fast at other La Quinta's & 5 STAR Resorts. Located just one and a half hours from NYC. Book your vacation, stop through, holiday travel or just a local getaway. It is our company culture to deliver outstanding and memorable service. A comfortable and clean room with a friendly staff that offers the BEST service in the area is our Promise to you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, LaQuinta, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Danbury reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.