“Still one of the best” 5 of 5 stars

Activities: Golfing
34 attraction reviews
“Still one of the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Richter Park has been lauded in many golf publications for years. I have played there on and off for almots 30 years. The conditions are still fantasic. The setting is perfect,. the greens and fairways top notch for a local muni. And where else can you go to see quick sand!

Visited August 2012

Fairfield, CT
14 attraction reviews
“Super golf course”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Beautiful golf course which becomes even more beautiful in fall when all the leaves are in color...prior to falling down. One of the top public courses in the country.

Visited May 2012
Danbury, Connecticut
“Nice View and Golf Course”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I'm no expert golfer, but I do enjoy when my dad and I go golfing there. The park creates the experience with its beautiful course layout. After my dad thrashes me relentlessly in golf, I enjoy going on the trail for a bit and watching others succeed where I have failed. The bugs can be kind of annoying but I greatly enjoy every chance I get to go there. I wish I was able to bring my dog, Jefferson, to the hike trail but I wouldn't want to annoy the other golfers.

It's also quite the nice spot for a date in Danbury; taking someone out on a walk there has been something I always enjoy!

Visited July 2012
Hamden, Connecticut
28 attraction reviews
“One of the Best Public Venues in the state.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

Richter Park golf course is one of the finest public tracts in the state of Connecticut. It’s a course that plays decidedly different from the front nine to the back nine. The front nine plays around a large reservoir that offers a beautiful backdrop as well as a formidable obstacle on a few of the holes. The back nine plays to a more hilly and rocky layout and features some dramatic elevation changes. The course conditions are usually very good. This is a public course and serves as a great example as to how a municipality can cherish and maintain an income producing asset when they realize what they have. Unless you are a town resident tee times can be difficult to get. Put up with this minor inconvenience, it’s worth the wait.

Visited May 2012
Norwalk, CT
7 attraction reviews
“Great restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

One of the best public golf courses in the country - beautiful. Cafe on the Green (in the club house) is an excellent restaurant with a great view of the course.

Visited April 2012