“Good Overall Value and Location - CHILLY room!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 45%!
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Danbury
Westford, Massachusetts
“Good Overall Value and Location - CHILLY room!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Had stayed here last year for business so decided during a recent visit with friends in the area to stay here again. We were running a bit late so I called to inform them we would not arrive until approximately 9-9:30pm. They said not to worry that everything was in order. We checked in around 9PM. The room was as I remembered – clean, adequate and roomy enough with 2 flat screen TVs. However it was 54 degrees in the room!! Did they not expect us, we had called ahead even?? I did not bother to call down to the front desk and just wore my coat for the first 20 minutes until the room was warm enough to deal with and fix some hot tea (only TWO tea bags?). Breakfast was typical Marriott fare – adequate and average selection. It comes with the room so no complaints really. Very disappointed with the room temperature – so not necessary. Also there was no Bible in the room. I know that may not bother some but it does me. Hopefully that was a fluke. No internet issues this stay as I had previously. Still an overall good choice, price and location but details are key to any business.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Laura N, Guest Relations at SpringHill Suites Danbury, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write and tell us about your recent experience at our hotel. I was disappointed to read about the chilly temperature of your room upon arrival and the discomfort it caused you.

When housekeeping completes a room there are standards that are followed in regards to the items you mentioned, such as thermostats being set at a comfort level of 70 degrees, checking to insure each room has a bible as well as 2 tea and coffee bags. Please accept my apology for these items not being checked in your room during inspection. Management has brought this to the attention of the housekeeping staff in order to provide better service. Our procedure had the front desk been notified, would have been to move you to another room to provide you with a more comfortable stay.

I was pleased to read that your overall stay was comfortable with the new upgraded high speed internet and the flat screen televisions that were added during our full renovation last May.

I hope you will come back to stay with us soon. On behalf of the entire staff we would like the opportunity to restore your faith in us. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Laura N.
Guest Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
New Milford, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I reserved a block of rooms for a wedding because they offered shuttle service to and from my wedding venue and because I would have my room charges compensated for. After the ceremony was over, a large amount of people were coming back to the hotel for rooms that they reserved. The wedding parties had gotten ready at the hotel and were trying to gather up their belongings, which ended up getting a little loud and the police were called and my guests were kicked out of the hotel, including me and my husband (on our wedding night) and were still charged for rooms. I spoke to management the next day and was told because the police were called, they would not be issuing any refunds. Also, my husband and I were charged for our room which we were told we would be compensated for. Employees were rude and unprofessional and unable to deal with large numbers of people. If you are considering this hotel for a large group of people, consider other options

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Stafford, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for 6 weeks while there for work. The staff is so wonderful and very nice. We lost power during hurricane sandy and the staff took really good care of the guest. They made sure everyone had a flashlight. Breakfast was great as well. I would so stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012
Laura N, Guest Relations at SpringHill Suites Danbury, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your letter in praise of our staff during hurricane Sandy. This was an extraordinary event that effected many people. I was pleased to read your comments about how our staff provided excellent service throughout the storm and during the power outage that you experienced at the hotel. Our dedicated team was focused on meeting the needs of all of our guests during a difficult situation and we appreciate your taking the time to share your positive experience with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back again the next time you are in the area.

Laura N.
Guest Relations
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Due to hurricane Sandy, we were forced to find a hotel at the last minute. The SpringHill Suites was available. I was pleasantly surprised by the nice accommodations, friendly staff, decent workout facility and good breakfast. My only complaint is that the TVs did not work on the treadmills. Otherwise, the hotel was lovely and I would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

We stayed overnight at this SpringHill Suites on a recent drive through New England. Very nice.....quiet.....good breakfast in the am........exteremely close to I84. Good place, would stay again. Not many negatives!! Breakfast was typical which included a wafflemaker. Seating area is a littel crowded - it's easy to make do.

Room Tip: Stay on the upper floors to stay away - it was certainly quiet!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
northeast US
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I belong to most Hotel reward programs because my child plays a travel sport and I'm always looking for the best deal, It was easy access, although lack of main street lighting and herds of deer made it difficult at night. Be careful. Parking and building access was easy for room location. I am a light sleeper and even though we were there on a busy Friday evening and needed to be up at 5am Saturday, I had no complaints about noise, at all. There were no issues with a musty smell which would bother me, as a previous reviewer stated, because of allergies.

I would stay again.

We did have a King suite, but stayed less than 12 hours total. Rooms/Suites are on the small side so be prepared if checking in with more than 2 or 3 people and the kitchen station in the suite didn't have supplies like a dish towel or soap. I ran out to buy paper towel at a Rite aid just a few miles up the road, near gas station, liquor store and strip mall with at least one restaurant.

I do wish they would add a small refrigerator/freezer like Hampton Inns do since we travel so extensively I usually need to re-freeze my "blue ice" for coolers the next day. That was a planning burp since most travelers do need freezers. I've stayed in enough Fairfield's and other Marriotts to know this is a chain issue and I don't get why unless the rooms are planned by men who don't do the "family cooler planning" and don't mind multiple trips to the ice machine - if someone can pass that along - great :)

Staff was pleasant, efficient, helpful, I liked the spacious lobby and remodel, kind of a retro 60's blue vibe going, and plenty of room so you weren't falling over other check-in's when arriving. (Hampton's stink in that area). I did wish the shuttle ran on weekends as my child (older teen) planned on using it to get to her venue while I packed up a little more leisurely but we are used to this type of thing at all chains and I forgot to ask.

Breakfast was standard "included breakfast fare" and again, we travel so much I'm surprised when people expect al a carte type menus for an included deal. If you stay at a place with included breakfast you need to be aware that it's a "souped up" continental usually with a few hot items. It's for folks on the run or in a hurry to grab nutrition.

It was clean, no odor, VERY COMFORTABLE bed, pleasant staff, quiet at least for that night and I wouldn't hesitate to stay again. But please pass along if management reads and when clients plan - PLEASE get refrigerators with freezers.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Pepperell, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

The hotel and my room were clean and well maintained.

The staffs was attentive, friendly and provided a good recommendation for a local place to eat dinner.

Location was easy to find.

I had no concerns and I would stay at that hotel again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Laura N, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Danbury, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
It is great to hear that you had a wonderful stay at the Springhill Suites. We have some really great resturants in the area. We have a resturant guide at the Front Desk that lists some wonderful and unique resturants in the area. Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Been to SpringHill Suites Danbury? Share your experiences!