“Nice updated hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Danbury
Atlanta, Georgia
“Nice updated hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

I visited for a wedding over the summer - the hotel is updated with a nice lobby and the rooms were also good

Given my short visit, I did not get to use any of the amenities, but enjoyed my stay - the room was very large for one person with a nice sitting area and comfortable bed

Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Nick H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Danbury, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear davidmiller3,

I would like to thank you for taking the time out of your day to write a review of our Courtyard by Marriott Danbury, CT! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel overall, from the rooms to the lobby. It is our goal to ensure that you can spread out and relax while visiting our hotel, so I’m glad to hear that our spacious rooms enabled you to do so.

Should your travels return you to the Danbury area, we would love for you to come back and experience the rest of what we have to offer!

Darien, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

A classic Courtyard in the new style. Nice lobby, great rooms and free wi-fi. You can't go wrong. Right off I-84, but quiet and comfortable. Don't miss the Black Angus Grill right next door. Great food and wonderful service.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Cameron06820
Nick H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Danbury, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Cameron06820,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your most recent stay at our hotel. I am glad that you appreciate our newly renovated Courtyard style. Courtyard does put a lot of emphasis on the lobby and public spaces, so I'm glad to hear that our guests appreciate the space. I will also be sure to pass along your sentiments to the restaurant owners next door. In closing, I would like to again thank you for your feedback on our Courtyard by Marriott in Danbury, CT!

Tulsa, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

This is a nice clean hotel. The quality of the hotel along with its furnishings are similar to Hampton Inns and Holiday Express which serve a free breakfast. This property has a small bistro with a small menu. The night I had a hot sandwich, there was only one person working and he was quite busy making and serving food and providing bar service. I felt this was a glorified snack bar and missed my free breakfasts at similar or cheaper priced hotels. It made my stay more expensive. There is a Chilis nearby for a hot sandwich.

There was a very thin duvet cover on the bed and I was cold. I was surprised more substantial covers were not provided. The pillows are very small. There is barely enough lotion in the sample provided to use except for your hands much less for two people. Sometimes it's the small things that make a stay enjoyable.

Room Tip: Away from the elevators
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Nick H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Danbury, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear Hammercollector,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your most recent stay at our hotel. I am glad to hear that you found our hotel to be exceptionally clean, with modern furnishings which were to your liking. Courtyard does try to distinguish itself by offering choices, but we want those choices to be a good value for our guests, so I’ll pass along your feedback regarding the Bistro to Marriott. We will be upgrading our bedding package in the coming months to better accommodate the needs of our guests. In closing, it is my hope that you give our hotel another chance if you return to the area. I’m confident our commitment to guest satisfaction will result in a positive experience.

Cincinnati
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

A fairly fresh Courtyard. Nice property. My room was nice. Staff very nice. There is a great steak joint across their parking lot. Lobby was a great place to meet. If I have complains they are: 1) there must have been 50+ toothpaste splash marks on the wallpaper and mirror frame. 2) their toilet paper and facial tissue could double as sand paper... Not as good as what I expect for this level of brand.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars
Nick H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Danbury, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear ChrisFromCincinnati,

I would like to thank you for your feed back regarding your experiences at our Courtyard by Marriott Danbury! I appreciate that you enjoyed your room, as well as our staff service during your time here. It is also pleasing to hear that you appreciate our new refreshed lobby concept as part of the new Courtyard concept. I would also like to thank you for bringing to my attention the toilet and facial tissue, and will see what other options are available to replace them with. In closing, should your travels return to the Danbury area, I would look forward to the next opportunity to have you as our guest.

Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Nice hotel. We stayed for a wedding and this place has LOTS of wedding parties. Nice little bistro with good food and coffe plus it's a bar a night (till 10pm). Very nice lobby with great sitting area, big tv and a nice business center. Rooms are clean and standard with flat panels tv's.

Good location with lots of restaurants close by including a steak house and sushi restaurant right out front.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Nick H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Danbury, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Dear Rolaur,

We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your comments about your recent visit to our Courtyard by Marriott Danbury. We are glad to hear that our services and amenities met your expectations. We are also glad you were able take advantage of the benefits of our hotel including the Bistro where we proudly brew Starbucks coffee. We thank you again for your feedback and look forward to the next opportunity to have you as our guest

Hartford CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Paid about $30 more then it would of cost at the La Quinta to stay here at the Courtyard.

It was worth it because of
A) Marriott Rewards points
B) No gotchas, we got what was promised

This location has a pool, fitness room, and a redesigned restaurant/bar area. The generously-sized King room had also been remodeled and seemed nicer than similar rooms at other hotels. No closet which was a little disappointing. Shower performed as expected.

Staff was courteous and helpful.
Would stay here again, hopefully with a cheaper room rate next time.

Room Tip: Away from the elevator if you want a quieter room at night.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank TrolleyGuy
Dear TrolleyGuy,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Courtyard by Marriott Danbury. We are happy to hear that our hotel met your needs and assisted you in enjoying your visit to Danbury. Our housekeeping and maintenance departments take pride in ensuring all guest rooms are above standard with condition and cleanliness and we also have brand new mattresses placed in all rooms to ensure a comfortable nights rest for all. We do offer seasonal promotional rates so please visit the specials page our website before planning your next trip. We look forward to the next opportunity to have you as our guest. Thank you again for your time.

Coral Springs, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Hotel was great; king suite was very comfortable for an exyended stay. Staff were wonderful! Great location! Only drawback for us was no room service, but we knew that before we booked. Food was pretty good for a hotel. I thought the suite would be the normal two-rooms, but was pleasantly surprised at how large the rooms were. Super fast internet was greatly appreciated.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Sheryl D,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay at our Courtyard by Marriott Danbury. We are glad you enjoyed the accommodations of our King Suite and glad you were able to utilize the complimentary wireless internet. Our Bistro does offer a To-Go Dinner Delivery which allows you to order what you would like from your room. We will package your items to go and deliver them to you. I hope you can take advantage of this on your next visit. We thank you again for your time and hope you choose to stay with us again on your next visit to Danbury.