“Fantastic! A must try” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 248 restaurants in Danbury
Allen, Texas
“Fantastic! A must try”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Traveled from Dallas to Danbury CT and my friend was craving pizza. After much research found Stanziatos. What an excellent meal! I started with the kale, beet, hazelnut, radish and carrot salad w ginger dressing. Fresh and thinly sliced veggies with roasted golden beets. I loved everything about the salad but the dressing. It was too Asian for my taste. It would be great in a different application but I would not order this salad again. Still very good, just a taste preference.

On to pizzas
I ordered the White Cauliflower pizza
All the crusts wood fired thin and crispy on the bottom with pillowy crusts slightly charred. Fabulous!!!!!!
Toppings roasted cauliflower, burrata cheese and truffle oil
Perfectly balanced. Not too heavy on truffle oil. Cauliflower was roasted perfectly and had a meaty quality. My meat loving friend kept stealing slices of mine. Burrata cheese was melted goodness. I would DEFINITELY order this again.

Friend (as always at any pizza place) chose the Sausage pizza
Toppings red sauce, finely ground sweet Italian sausage, red onion, fresh mozzarella and fresh basil leaves after pizza was out of oven. The red sauce is excellent. I thought the pizza was very good, but not my choice for toppings. She really enjoyed it, but would try something new next time.

Service was outstanding. Answered all questions thoroughly and provided recommendations. Provided extra red sauce at no charge. It arrived piping hot. Very nice!

Overall excellent. My only negative was our iced tea order. It was bottled Gold Peak tea a Coca Cola product. I would have preferred and expected freshly brewed. Would pass next time.

84% Recommend
New York City, New York
“Our favorite place to eat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

We love to eat at Stanziato's. The pizza is amazing -- though, you have to love brick oven style gourmet pizza. If you're looking for a plain ol' pepperoni pizza - don't come here. This is fabulous tasting pizza with surprising ingredients done exceptionally well. The chef is obviously well trained and loves what he does. The salads and soups are equally as amazing - and the beer selection is quite interesting. The service is on the slow side -- but everyone there is super friendly. You have to try this place!

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hudson Valley
“Slow service, not happy.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I have eaten here many times. The pizza crust is very thin and the toppings are local and fresh. Better to eat in than take out. The last time the waitress almost seemed like we were a bother. We waited just about 50 minutes for two pizzas and a salad to share. I ordered a second glass of wine midway through the pizza and it was delivered with the bill well after the food was gone. I thought she had forgotten and I was going to say take it off the bill. By this time I was ready to go home, not sit with a glass of wine. For the pizza, 1 salad, 2 sodas and 2 glasses of wine it was $72 with 18% tip that she didn't deserve. There are so many other pizza places in Danbury that I won't go back any time soon.

Visited June 2012
Bristol, Connecticut
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Great service by our waitress Lena! The pizza special came highly recommended by her also. it did not disappoint. Heirloom tomatoes, chopped broccoli leaves, wonderful cheese lightly drizzled. Our first time here, on our way to the Ives Center. Wish Stanziato's was closer to our house, would be there all the time. Also large selection of craft beers, don't usually find that at a small pizza restaurant. We were there early, but would imagine it is very crowded later, on the small side. Do not take reservations, but would be worth any wait.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Carmel, New York
“Not what expected”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

I heard this place was good, and decided one night to order takeout from here. Stinks and way too expensive! Soggy cold pizza. I mean u can't even pick up a piece without it falling apart. Oh well one more reason not to listen to reviews!!!!I thought maybe it's because we ordered takeout but it just can't be. I called and 10 minutes later it was ready and picked up. It sucked

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere