“waste of time” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Castello Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 229 Restaurants in Danbury
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: North Street
Description: We strive to provide our guests with the best in service, food and atmosphere. We specialize in table side service and de-boning of fish. To go along with all this we have a fast variety of wines and a full bar to go along with any meal and want. So come on down and let the staff at Castello spoil you.
New Fairfield, Connecticut
“waste of time”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

I have been to Castellos about six times the food has always been good but twice they stop theirgreat service and reduced themself to cheap con artist. the first time i order a Grand Mariner and recieved a glass with a orange colored water in it . One smell of it and I knew it wasn't the real Mccoy. Then I told the waiter , who assured me it was. The Gentleman in charge came over smell it and taste and agreed it wasn't and went to replaced it only to come back and say they were out of it. As we left that night I notice a bootle at the bar. Its a cheap trick but, I gave them another chance, only to again be dissappointed. With a table of seven on a monday night. we were sitten and our orders taken. First drink were watered down then a over a hour wait between appertizers and the entrees with children at the table and not a single word from the host or waiter. They also serve suop without spoons. My wife went up and asked if they were short handed or something was wrong . h
He said they were short handed. It would have been nice to be told something. Still over 30 minutes later no food, I went up to the waiter ask whats up.anfd he said the food is being plated now. still no food 15 minutes later. The food finally came and by then the meal was ruined. Not a word about the delay from anyone at the resturant. I got the bill and left . They seem to be trying to run a fine resturant on a diner budget and reduced themselve to cheap tricks and substandard service I'm done with them . I'll recommend Francos in brookfield.

• Visited June 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Sherman Ct.
“INCREDIBLE..REALLY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2011

I live in the area and frequently travel to NYC for fine dining. Castello's is amazing and at
a much better price. Real Ceasar salad made at the table. All the pasta dishes are home
made and the specials are great. I had Bronzini (fish) filleted at the table and it was cooked perfectly. The home made crab cakes were crab...not cake. The wine list was
amazing and the owner was kind enough to show me the wine cellar. The house wines are excellent . One of the owners is a wine collector and they really know their stuff The staff couldn't be nicer. They are willing to make anything as my companion wanted a special dish. Even the coffee was top quality. The prices are very reasonable. I am returning tonight and taking my parents and my nephew. You will not be disappointed.

• Visited February 2011
Danbury, Connecticut
“Give it a try...you won't be disappointed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2010

Although I live in Danbury and drive by Castello all the time, but have never eaten here. We happily discovered a wonderful place. The atmosphere is nice and the waiters are very welcoming. They have a menu along with many specials. The cesear salad made tableside is tangy and delicious. The fresh fish special is one of the best fish dishes I've ever had. It is fileted at the table served with a delicious light wine sauce. It is reminiscent fish we ate during a trip to Italy. My husband had a stuffed chicken special, also delicious. The dessert cart is irresistable and beautifully displayed. Overall, the service is non-intrusive and friendly. This is not a pizzeria type restaurant. It is a nice, relaxing place with delicious food. I am so happy we decided to give Castello a try. It is now our favorite restaurant in town. There are lots of choices for Italian food in this area. If you try it, it will quickly become your favorite, too!

Ridgefield, CT USA
“Authentic Italian in Danbury”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2010

This is a really wonderful restaurant. It is very different from it's previous incarnation of Bella Italia. The food and service are superb. I go to Italy often and Castello is very much like a restaurant in Italy (although the owner and most of the employees are from Serbia or Montenegro, they certainly know how to do Italian). Everyone there tries to make you feel welcomed and relaxed. The presentation and quality of ingredients is top notch. They have a nice wine list. I think that this place is not so well known; hopefully they will remain true to their standards as the word spreads.