“Sweet overnight” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ethan Allen Hotel

You added Ethan Allen Hotel to your Saves list
Ethan Allen Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   21 Lake Avenue Extension, I-84 at Exit 4, Danbury, CT 06811   |
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Danbury
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
NYC
“Sweet overnight”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Stayed here for a wedding and was pleasantly surprised. I remember coming to this hotel when I was a child during the holidays for dinner. Much has changed since then. The main parts of the hotel are totally updated with style and grace. The wedding took place inside since it rained and the set up was beautiful along with the ballroom. All the staff was nice and helpful to make sure the guests had a good time. We had a one bedroom with a small sitting area. The room was quaint and charming. Our room overlooked the pool but it was cold & rainy so we didn't use it. Don't expect some fancy new wave place this is the Ethan Allen. We still got a great rate even though we booked so late.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
TripJanice, General Manager at Ethan Allen Hotel, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Ethan Allen Hotel!

We are delighted you had a pleasant stay at the wedding you recently attended at our hotel and feel you received great value.

We are pleased you liked our newly renovated ballroom and found our banquet team both helpful and friendly. We are glad you enjoyed your room accommodation too!

The next time you intend on returning to Danbury, please feel free to call me directly at (203) 448-7100 so I may assist you personally with your reservations. We look forward to welcoming you back soon and often! Thank you -

Best,
Ethan Allen Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Lowell, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Arrived late at night with a reservation and the front desk staff was more than helpful. Was excellent in explaining where my room was and how to get to it the easiest way.

In the late morning (11:00am) we received a phone call from the General Manager asking how our stay was going and if we needed anything. We were completely satisfied, but she stated if there was anything she could do to let her know!

Will definitely book this hotel again in the past and recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
TripJanice, General Manager at Ethan Allen Hotel, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Justin,

Thank you for choosing to stay with the Ethan Allen Hotel! We appreciate your business and welcome your feedback.

Many thanks for rating us 5 out of 5 for service! We are thrilled you found our front desk staff both helpful & friendly and will recommend us to others.

The next time you intend on returning to Danbury, please feel free to call me directly at (203) 448-7100, so I may personally assist you with your accommodations. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

UK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel as we had been told it was one of the nicest in the area and we were attending our sons wedding nearby. When we arrived the front desk lady was not friendly. We asked her to book us a taxi and she prepared to get us a list of phone numbers. When we asked her to actually book it she was not happy.
We had booked a quiet suite and got a very dated room overlooking the highway. The old air conditioning was so noisy it was like having a truck in the room with us!
The food in the restaurant is very poor quality and the staff unhelpful. At breakfast they were standing around chatting and seemed very put out when we asked for coffee and they actually had to pour it for us, stop chatting and do something.
We had booked to stay for two nights but checked out after the first and will never return.
The lobby looks nice as it has been redecorated but the rest of the place is tired and dated. The pool is tiny and the gym facilities very poor.
We complained to the Manager but she did not care that we were leaving early and gave us no refund.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosng to stay at the Ethan Allen Hotel. We appreciate your business and value your feedback.

On behalf of the hotel staff, I would like to extend my apologies for a less than pleasant experience. I invite you to call me directly so we can discuss further. The best way to contact me is: (203) 448-7100 or email address: jperna-nicholas@ethanallenhotel.com. Look forward to hearing from you soon! Thank you.

Best, Janice Perna-Nicholas
Winchester, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

This is the second time that I have stopped overnight at the Ethan Allen on my way from Virginia to Canada. As with the previous occasion, my room was spacious, clean and comfortable; the staff was friendly and attentive; the price was very reasonable; and the location ideal. There were two class reunions on the night of my stay. In spite of that, I was not bothered by excessive noise although the bar area was packed. Breakfast was good and plentiful.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
TripJanice, General Manager at Ethan Allen Hotel, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Robert,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Ethan Allen Hotel in Danbury! We truly appreciate your business and welcome your feedback.

Thank you for rating us 5 out of 5 for overall experience! We are thrilled you thought the Ethan Allen was a "great" place for an overnight stay; found our staff both friendly & attentive; our hotel ideally located; the breakfast both good & plentiful and no excessive noise during two reunions.

The next time you plan to return to Danbury, I encourage you to call me directly at (203) 448-7100, so I may personally assist you with your reservations.

Robert, many thanks for your kind & thoughtful feedback. Rest assured, I will share with the team. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Shepherdstown, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

My family was traveling home to West Virginia from Maine. This was where we stayed over night to get some rest. It was perfect. We got a great price on priceline and were very pleased with our stay. The staff was extremely helpful. I will definately try to stay here again next year when I hope to make my trip again.rhe rooms were spacious and clean. Beds were very comfortable. And even though the lobby was filled with guests from a wedding, we could not here a thing from our room.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Kathy,

Thank for choosing to stay at the Ethan Allen Hotel! We truly appreciate your business and welcome your feedback.

Thank you for rating us 5 out 5 for customer service! We are delighted you found the Ethan Allen Hotel conveniently located; the staff helpful; your guestroom both spacious & clean and and enjoyed our Ethan Allen Supreme Comfort beds.

The next time you intend on returning to Danbury, please call me directly at (203) 448-7100 so I may personally assist you with your reservations.

Kathy, we look forward to welcoming you back soon and often! Thank you for staying at the Ethan Allen!

Warmest regards,

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We had blocked 20 rooms for out of town guest attending my daughter's wedding and prepared gift bags with handmade thank you cards with guests names clearly written on the outside. Half the guests did not get them including a special one for the bride and groom. I went personally to question this and called the manager and wrote a detailed letter but was brushed off. Only when my daughter threatened legal action was there a response. The staff is young and eager to please but the management is very poor.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Mary,

I am sorry to learn you remain dissatisfied. We went to great lenghs in April to ensure we rectified this situation with you and your family and extended appropriate compensation.

Please contact me directly at (203) 448-7100 to discuss further. We appreciate your business and want you to be a satisfied customer. Thank you.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Janice is an exceptional General Manager and the Staff was great. I want to give special thanks to Bernie(Chef). I feel that it is important for people to be congratulated on a job well done. I think it is so important to give special thanks to Robert and Linda, ( Bartenders) as well as AJ ( Serving) in the Lounge. Kate was very accommodating at the Front Desk. She compliments the rest of the Staff. Everyone should stay here once. You will never entertain any other Place in the area once you do.

• Stayed August 2013

Thank you for rating us 5 out 5 for customer service! We are simply thrilled our super stars took such great care of you - Linda, Bob, Bernie, AJ and Kate! We are extremely forunate to have several "outstanding" employees on our team. We pride ourselves for hiring and retaining the "best" staff in the marketplace.

The next time you plan to return to Danbury, please feel free to call me directly so I may personally assist you with your reservations. We all look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Thanks again!!!

Ethan Allen Hotel

Been to Ethan Allen Hotel? Share your experiences!