“A nice place to stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ethan Allen Hotel

You added Ethan Allen Hotel to your Saves list
Ethan Allen Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   21 Lake Avenue Extension, I-84 at Exit 4, Danbury, CT 06811   |
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Danbury
GreenLeadersBronze level
Manalapan, New Jersey
“A nice place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We stayed here for a friends wedding at a local country club. The hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating. the rooms were spacious and well appointed. The beds were very comfortable. My only negative comment is there did not appear to be much to do within 5 or 10 minutes.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
TripJanice, General Manager at Ethan Allen Hotel, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Ethan Allen Hotel! We truly appreciate your buisness.

We are pleased you found our staff both friendly and accommodating. We pride ourselves on hiring the "best" employees in the marketplace. We are further pleased you liked our spacious, well appointed guestrooms and enjoyed our Ethan Allen Supreme Comfort Mattresses.

The next time you decide to visit Danbury, please contact me directly so I may assist you personally with your reservations. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Thank you for your positive feedback!

General Manager - Ethan Allen Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Fairfield, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I loved everything about my stay at the Ethan Allen Hotel! The accomodations were beautiful. All the furniture in the lobby area and rooms was charming, elegant, and cozy. The lounge area had a beautiful fireplace. The staff was extremely friendly and courteous.

Room Tip: I asked for a deluxe room and was extremely happy
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
TripJanice, General Manager at Ethan Allen Hotel, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Ethan Allen Hotel in Danbury, CT! We appreciate your business and welcome your comments.

We are thrilled you found the Ethan Allen Hotel both charming anf elegant. We are pleased you enjoyed the fireplace in our lobby and found our staff both fun and courteous. We truly pride ourselves on hirirng and retaining the "best" people in the marketplace.

Thank you for taking your time to post your feedback about your stay. The next time you intend on returning to Danbury, please contact me directly so I may personally assist you with your reservations. Look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I stayed three nights at the Ethan Allen Hotel, as I attended a wedding that took partly place there. It was my first visit to this property and I would rate my overall experience as average as the hotel failed to meet my expectations.

While conference and reception rooms were good, as were the staff members I met or the WiFi internet access, I was disappointed with the lodging itself which has not been refurbished yet and is really old. Although it is clean and well maintained, renovation is urgently needed as comfort delivered is not on par with current standards. From the elevator leading to the guest rooms to my "deluxe king suite" itself, everything showed its age.

My room had for instance outdated non flat screen TV sets with limited channels, a phone suffering from interferences ('cracking' sounds) and a very old bathroom (shower pressure much too low), making the so called 'suite' look like an old motel room. Although the suite was large, it had only one small window at the opposite of the entrance door (in the "bedroom" part of the suite), not providing enough natural light and making the "sitting room" part of the suite dark and unpleasant. Furthermore, there is no door to separate the sitting room area from the bedroom area in the suite. If you add the fact that the room's door is very old, all the noise from the corridor (or from the elevator) could be heard from my bed. Hotel washing machines were also probably nearby as I could hear their noise. Finaly the air conditionner was also very noisy.

I also had three issues with the service provided at the property.

First, my rate included "nightly turndown service with bottled water & chocolates" (as mentioned on my reservation confirmation).
I did find bottled water and chocolates upon arrival in my room, just after checking-in on the first day. Anyhow, I got nothing the next two nights. As a result I received the service I had paid for only one out of the three nights.

Second, the guest services directory in my room said Fairfields Restaurant (the Ethan Allen Hotel on site restaurant) was opened "daily for dinner".
When I came at the restaurant to dine there, I was amazed to see it was actually closed. I had to eat poorly at the bar, where I did not find the food options I expected for my dinner.

Third, I got no answer to e-mail sent to the property neither before arrival (reservation details) nor after departure (guest comment card).

I can not compare the Ethan Allen Hotel with competitors in Danbury but I would try an other hotel, more modern, should I have to return to Danbury.

Room Tip: Far from the elevator as it is noisy
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Eric,

Thank you for choosing the Ethan Allen Hotel in Danbury, CT! We appreciate your feedback.

We are pleased you liked our lobby and noticed the renovations we just completed on our first floor inluding the lobby, public space, ballrooms & meeting rooms.

Our room renovations will begin in February. Each guestroom will receive Ethan Allen's Modern Elegant furniture, new lighting, wallpaper, window treatments, carpet, fresh paint and flat screen TV's. Needless to say, we are thrilled!

I apologize for the challenges you experienced with service. Rest assured, this is not the norm and it will be corrected. If you want to discuss this further, please feel free to contact me directly.

Once again Eric, thank you for choosing the Ethan Allen Hotel!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We very much enjoyed our stay at the Ethan Allen Hotel During the Thanksgiving holiday. The room was very comfortable and nicely decorated. The breakfast was abundant and delightful. The staff could not have been more courteous and helpful. We will be returning for another stay during the Christmas season.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Stephanie,

Thank for staying at the Ethan Allen Hotel! We appreciate your business and welcome your feedback.

We are thrilled you enjoyed your recent stay and liked our new hotel decor. Please know our guest room renovation will begin in February, 2013.

We are delighted you found our breakfast buffet abundant and delightful in Fairfield's Restaurant and liked our courteous and helpful staff. We pride ourselves on hiring and retaining the "best" people in the marketplace.

We are glad you will continue to stay with us the next time you visit Danbury. Please feel free to continue to call me directly for your hotel reservations.

Once again Stephanie, thank you for choosing the Ethan Allen Hotel. Look forward to seeing you again soon!

Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I travel to Danbury quite a lot and this hotel has been my Favorite. I have tried probably 10 places, but come back to this one if I can.
It is a very comfortable place next to the Ethan Allen HQ and it is actually furnished with their offerings too.
This is one of the few places in Danbury that has a restaurant and bar !

Little secret to this place is that they have laundry facilities and a STEAM ROOM in the basement....

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Dear Chuck,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Ethan Allen Hotel in Danbury, CT! We truly appreciate your business and welcome your feedback.

We are delighted and thrilled you feel the Ethan Allen Hotel is the "best" place to stay while visiting Danbury. We are pleased you feel very comfortable here and like our Ethan Allen furnishings and decor.

The next time you intend on returning, please contact me directly so I may personally assist you with your reservations.

Once again Chuck, thanks for taking your time to tell about your positive experience at our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

I stayed for more than a week as I was working in the area. They had redone the lobby which just looks amazing now. The next phase is the rooms which really could use it. The rooms are big, bed is comfortable. The hotel offers a complimentary shuttle which is great to get around. The staff are all friendly and helpful. It's clean and quiet. I always enjoy staying there.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Lora,

Thank you for choosing the Ethan Allen Hotel in Danbury, CT! We appreciate your business and welcome your feedback.

We are pleased you received good value for your recent stay and ranked the Ethan Allen Hotel as 5 out of 5! We are thrilled you like our newly renovated hotel; found our beds comfortable; enjoyed our complimentary hotel shuttle and found our staff both friendly & helpful. We truly pride ourselves on hiring and retaining the "best" staff in the market.

Lora, the next time you return to Danbury, please feel free to contact me directly so I may personally assist you with your accommodations. Thanks again for staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

During the Thanksgiving holiday,my wife and I spent 3 days at this property. When traveling with a pet, options tend to be less for hotels. During my search on TripAdvisor, the Ethan Allen hotel came up as an option. This was my first stay, and I was very impressed. We spent less than $150/nt for our room. The hotel is located next to the world headquarters for Ethan Allen Furniture. Of course, the hotel is finely furnished with......Ethan Allen. Our room was a 2 room suite. The amenities were great, including a Keurig coffee maker. It was very comfortable and felt truly like a home away from home. For longer stays, the property has a free washer and dryer for laundry. My Standard Poodle, Gaspar, loved the space in the back of the hotel to run and do his business. Keep in mind, there is a $25/nt "pet fee".
The rooms for pet are also human friendly. Some hotels traveling pets in smoking rooms, when the owners are not smokers, not Ethan Allen.
While staying at the hotel, the breakfast buffet is a must. There's a great hot breakfast with eggs, sausage and french toast. Staff during our stay was a little pre-occupied by other activities and party planning, so they were a little slow clearing plates
Overall, this was a great find for the Danbury/Bethel area. I will definitely be staying there again. Probably, Christmas.

Room Tip: Pay the extra $10nt for a suite,it's worth it
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Ethan Allen Hotel in Danbury, CT! We appreciate your business and welcome your feedback and comments.

We are thrilled you refer to our hotel as "The Diamond of Danbury" and ranked us 5 out of 5 for overall service!!!

We are pleased you were impressed during your first stay and thought we were of great value. This is very meaningful to us. We are further pleased you liked our guest amenities, especially the Kuerig Coffee Makers, the complimetary washer & dryer and our breakfast in Fairfield's Restaurant.

The next time you intend on returning to Danbury, please feel free to contact me directly so I may personally assist you with your accommodations. Once again, thank you for choosing the Ethan Allen Hotel! Look forward to seeing you soon -

General Manager, Ethan Allen Hotel

Been to Ethan Allen Hotel? Share your experiences!