“Best place for Danbury Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ethan Allen Hotel

Save Saved
You added Ethan Allen Hotel to your Saves list
Ethan Allen Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   21 Lake Avenue Extension, I-84 at Exit 4, Danbury, CT 06811   |
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Danbury
GreenLeadersBronze level
Atlanta, GA
“Best place for Danbury Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I travel to Danbury quite a lot and this hotel has been my Favorite. I have tried probably 10 places, but come back to this one if I can.
It is a very comfortable place next to the Ethan Allen HQ and it is actually furnished with their offerings too.
This is one of the few places in Danbury that has a restaurant and bar !

Little secret to this place is that they have laundry facilities and a STEAM ROOM in the basement....

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
TripJanice, General Manager at Ethan Allen Hotel, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Dear Chuck,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Ethan Allen Hotel in Danbury, CT! We truly appreciate your business and welcome your feedback.

We are delighted and thrilled you feel the Ethan Allen Hotel is the "best" place to stay while visiting Danbury. We are pleased you feel very comfortable here and like our Ethan Allen furnishings and decor.

The next time you intend on returning, please contact me directly so I may personally assist you with your reservations.

Once again Chuck, thanks for taking your time to tell about your positive experience at our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

(203) 448-7100

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I stayed for more than a week as I was working in the area. They had redone the lobby which just looks amazing now. The next phase is the rooms which really could use it. The rooms are big, bed is comfortable. The hotel offers a complimentary shuttle which is great to get around. The staff are all friendly and helpful. It's clean and quiet. I always enjoy staying there.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Lora,

Thank you for choosing the Ethan Allen Hotel in Danbury, CT! We appreciate your business and welcome your feedback.

We are pleased you received good value for your recent stay and ranked the Ethan Allen Hotel as 5 out of 5! We are thrilled you like our newly renovated hotel; found our beds comfortable; enjoyed our complimentary hotel shuttle and found our staff both friendly & helpful. We truly pride ourselves on hiring and retaining the "best" staff in the market.

Lora, the next time you return to Danbury, please feel free to contact me directly so I may personally assist you with your accommodations. Thanks again for staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

(203) 448-7100
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

During the Thanksgiving holiday,my wife and I spent 3 days at this property. When traveling with a pet, options tend to be less for hotels. During my search on TripAdvisor, the Ethan Allen hotel came up as an option. This was my first stay, and I was very impressed. We spent less than $150/nt for our room. The hotel is located next to the world headquarters for Ethan Allen Furniture. Of course, the hotel is finely furnished with......Ethan Allen. Our room was a 2 room suite. The amenities were great, including a Keurig coffee maker. It was very comfortable and felt truly like a home away from home. For longer stays, the property has a free washer and dryer for laundry. My Standard Poodle, Gaspar, loved the space in the back of the hotel to run and do his business. Keep in mind, there is a $25/nt "pet fee".
The rooms for pet are also human friendly. Some hotels traveling pets in smoking rooms, when the owners are not smokers, not Ethan Allen.
While staying at the hotel, the breakfast buffet is a must. There's a great hot breakfast with eggs, sausage and french toast. Staff during our stay was a little pre-occupied by other activities and party planning, so they were a little slow clearing plates
Overall, this was a great find for the Danbury/Bethel area. I will definitely be staying there again. Probably, Christmas.

Room Tip: Pay the extra $10nt for a suite,it's worth it
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Ethan Allen Hotel in Danbury, CT! We appreciate your business and welcome your feedback and comments.

We are thrilled you refer to our hotel as "The Diamond of Danbury" and ranked us 5 out of 5 for overall service!!!

We are pleased you were impressed during your first stay and thought we were of great value. This is very meaningful to us. We are further pleased you liked our guest amenities, especially the Kuerig Coffee Makers, the complimetary washer & dryer and our breakfast in Fairfield's Restaurant.

The next time you intend on returning to Danbury, please feel free to contact me directly so I may personally assist you with your accommodations. Once again, thank you for choosing the Ethan Allen Hotel! Look forward to seeing you soon -

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Stayed here for Thanksgiving night 2011 and wrote a mediocre review. Decided to stay again this year (Thanksgiving 2012) and am more impressed. Rooms are unusually well-appointed for such an inexpensive venue, and very clean. Bed was very comfortable, shower was fine. The lobby is huge and elegant. Staff was friendly and professional. My only complaint was that I couldn't connect my laptop to their wireless internet (connection kept timing out). We had no trouble connecting on our iPad though. Will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Stay in wing behind the conference rooms.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Ed,

We are delighted you returned to our hotel in 2012 and discovered we improved. We are glad you enjoyed our well appointed and clean guest rooms and found our staff both professional and friendly. We pride ourselves on hiring and retaining the "best" employees in the market.

We apologize our wireless internet was not working properly during your stay. Rest assured, this is not the norm and has been rectified.

Once again Ed, thank you for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Please feel free to call me directly at (203) 448-7100 so I may personally assist you with your reservations.

King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

The staff are very friendly and professional. The rooms are kept very clean. The beds are very comfortable, which is something we have not found in other hotels. The lobby is very lovely. We stay there every time my husband and I go to visit his parents. Some people have stated that the decor is outdated. It is not that bad. The TV's are outdated, but we are not there to watch tv, so that is Ok

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Sharon,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Ethan Allen Hotel! We appreciate your business and welcome your feedback.

We are thrilled you had a very nice stay and ranked us 5 out 5 for overall service! We are pleased you found our staff both friendly and professional; our rooms clean and the beds comfortable.

We recentely renovated the entire first floor of the hotel and all meeting space and delighted you like it. Please know our guest room renovation will begin in February and we can't wait for you to see it!

sharon, the next time you plan to return to Danbury, please contact me directly so I may personally assist you with your reservations. Thanks again!

Brandon, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

We stay at the Ethan Allen Hotel each summer on our way to and from Bar Harbor. It is very clean and has the most comfortable beds on the eastern seaboard! We love the current Georgian style and hope the updates are similar. Great, friendly staff. Really nice event rooms (I asked for a tour). We haven't eaten there, as I am from the area and we have our favorites. Always a comfortable night's sleep.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the inside(poolside) corridor.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Deborah,

Thank you for choosing the Ethan Allen Hotel! We truly appreciate your business and welcome your feedback.

We are delighted you tagged us as "Clean & Comfortable" and rated us 5 out of 5 for overall service!!!

We are thrilled to provide you with a good night's sleep, "best on the Eastern Seaboard"! We are further pleased you like our Ethan Allen furnishings; found our staff both wonderful & helpful and liked our newly renovated spaces.

The next time you plan on returning to Danbury, please contact me directly so I may personally assist you. Deb, thank you for choosing the Ethan Allen Hotel - we look forward to welcoming you back again soon and often!

Best, Janice Perna-Nicholas
White Plains, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I attended a party at the Ethan Allen hotel and stayed the night as the room was a good price and it made the party much more enjoyable knowing I didn’t have to drive home. The lobby is nice and appears updated and the room we were in for the party was also good, but the rooms themselves leave a little to be desired. The lighting was terrible-they definitely need to add some extra light fixtures-it was hard to get ready and put on make-up with the limited amount of light we had. The furniture looks worn out and I expected nicer furniture for an Ethen Allen hotel. The TVs are OLD, I’m talking one that looked like it was from the late 80’s (in the sitting area of the room) and another that looked like it was from the mid 90’s. The TV from the 90s was off-color, the reception was shaky and the channel selection is limited-we didn’t even attempt to put on the older TV. There’s free wifi but my signal wasn’t very strong and was cutting in and out. The positives of the room were that it was clean and it was pet-friendly (I was sharing the room with a family member that brought a dog) and it was hard to tell that pets are even allowed in there, as there were no pet-like smells and it appeared to be like any other non-pet room. I don’t know if I would go there for a special occasion or a get-away but it was definitely great for staying over after a party and the price made it a good value.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Ethan Allen Hotel? Share your experiences!