“To Maine & back” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ethan Allen Hotel

You added Ethan Allen Hotel to your Saves list
Ethan Allen Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   21 Lake Avenue Extension, I-84 at Exit 4, Danbury, CT 06811   |
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Danbury
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
“To Maine & back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

Our family went on vacation to Maine from the Pittsburgh area and my daughter and I stayed at the Ethan Allen Hotel on the way up. we had two people in a double suite on the second floor that was wonderful! On the way back, my mother-in-law joined us, so we had three people and were upgraded to double suite from a regular double for the same price. The room this time was on the first floor and seemed a little damp/musty and it was set up for only 2 instead of three, but towels were delivered soon after requested.

Room Tip: Double suite is a great value! Stay on upper floors.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Boston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

Room smelled, carpets were filthy, Breakfast was a disaster - horrible food and next to zero service!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Catskill, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

I had a reunion with 5 other friends, and booked a KING SUITE. The room was neat and clean and MORE than adequate for roominess. It rained, so, we could not use the nice pool that was outside. While waitingt to have dinner at their resturant, I asked the front desk if they could send an extra chair to my room, so that the six of us would be able to sit and relax after dinner. He did that right away. Their resturants' food was excellent. One order did not come out with the rest and I guess as the time went by, the waitress FORGOT about that order. We talked to her and she was very honest and saying how it was her fault. That meal was not charged to us and we did finally get it. I also wish there had been a refigerator. I will go back, the rate was very good, just wish it was that price during the week. I'd go more often,

Room Tip: I stayed at the back of the hotel, hallway B, VERY QUIET.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Sandwich, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

made the reservations on line, the experience is not true to the description on their website. I selected the romance package,looking for the romance and all that goes with it. THeir were a few of the small details missing to make it personable and romantic. I really wouldnt say anything but im sure all the details were included in the price of the romance package. Was expecting the cheese and fruit basket to compliment the sparkling wine but never saw it,and the chocolate and water bed turn down at night was also non exsistent. Maybe they need to update their website and delete the details that are no longer included in their packages. Just saying

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Monroe, New York, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

We used the Ethan Allen Hotel to host our wedding block and post-wedding brunch and they were excellent on both counts. They accommodated our 80-plus guests, provided information regarding shuttles, distributed gift bags, and offered a great spread for breakfast the next morning. They worked with us every step of the way to make sure our guests and us had just what we needed to celebrate our special day.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Erie
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

This hotel was very clean and comforatable. The pool was not very big but it was nice and the kids enjoyed it. I cannot say whether or not the staff was nice since I did not have much contact with any of them. I would book this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

We were part of a wedding group staying at the Ethan Allen Hotel. Everything was wonderful. Nice clean rooms. Large bathroom. Would stay again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Ethan Allen Hotel? Share your experiences!