“Just a chain” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pub
Cromwell, Connecticut
“Just a chain”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

This is a typical chain. If you enjoy all your food coming in frozen and not fresh this is the place for you! The service is sub par

Visited September 2012

Middletown, Connecticut
“standard fair in the midpoint price range”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Standard menu with early bird for seniors. Pricing mid range for whats served. Good parking in thier lot with easy on/off of routes 372 and 9.

Cromwell, Connecticut
“Good food and decor, service can be better”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

The food was good, especially the seafood. The only food item we did not like was the mashed potato. The drinks were also just average. The service could do with some improvement - it was slow and the waiters were pretty nonchalant. The decor was nice.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Connecticut
“Great casual dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

We've been going since it opened and the quality of the food and service is always very good. The bar area is very large which is great since the Resturant side really fills up Thursday thru Sunday. They have plenty of flat screens with the usual sports channels running and put out bowls of popcorn like many many small local establishments do giving a local watering hole feel. Very family friendly with good portion sizes and a great value menu. They do tend to be a little heavy on the sodium but you won't notice until later when you find yourself drinking a gallon of water :)
All in all a great local chain Resturant with a very local feel and very family friendly.

Norwalk, Connecticut
“1st Time and enjoyed it very much !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

This was my first visit to this Ninety Nine Restaurant.
A couple of weeks ago --I saw they had erected a banner stating that LOBSTER ROLLS had arrived.Well , for me there is nothing like a good Lobster Roll in the summer.

I had been returning from a day long appointment so I used the Curb Side Service. This is where you drive right up to the front of the building --go inside and order or you could of called ahead. Then you can return to your car and they will bring your order out to the car.Since I was rather messy and dirty from work--this was perfect for me .

With the set up they have right inside the door---you are attended to immediately. Another plus for me...as I knew what I wanted on this visit.

The Lobster Rolls were quite interesting.. I purchased two in case my husband wanted anything and they were $16.99 each with fries and coleslaw. The coleslaw was more of the vinegar type than heavy mayo.However there is a very large To Go menu. It is separate from the seated menu--and covers all the bases in food choices anyone would want or need..from $2.99 to my top of the line choice. There are also specials on the to go " menu.

Each roll had extensive Lobster--with BIG, LONG claw pieces and large chunks, WOW !

The roll itself was good and tasty.

The butter--I had a little issue with it. They gave you plenty of it---but to me there was just not a Big and Buttery Flavor--enough to meet with the Big Lobster Pieces..It was a butter mix of some sort...not pure sweet cream butter....Not a real problem for me as I was taking it out anyway---so when I got home--I immediately microwaved some Land O Lake...mixed it with what they gave me and had more than enough BUTTER FLAVOR to MAKE MY DAY !

Only because of the butter issue am I giving this restaurant less than 5 Stars in certain areas....because everything else was on the money.

• Visited July 2012