“Not what it was...” 3 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 60 Restaurants in Cromwell
Cuisines: Italian, Californian
Good for: Entertaining clients, Doing business, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
hartford, ct
“Not what it was...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Been to Baci many, many times as it is just down the road from my house. The first few visits were great. It is a bit expensive and the service can be it or miss, but the food was always delicious. The last two times I've gone, however, the food and service have been noticeably worse. I'm not sure if there has been a chef/management change, but I probably would be hesitant to return.

Visited December 2012

Meriden, Connecticut
“A gem right off I91 at exit 21.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stopped for a late lunch as we have been here before. Never disappoints. The appetizer I ordered was big enough for a meal. (Escarole & sausage) My husband had the skirt steak done to perfection. Dustin the bartender and Mave (sp?) the waitress were the dynamic duo. A great place for traveler's or locals.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
NYC Area
“Pleasant surprise in central Connecticut”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We were in Cromwell for a Bridge tournament, and wanted a celebratory meal on our last night after eating stale sandwiches for a few days. Baci was nearby the tournament site, so, after reading some reviews (not all positive) we gave it a try. Good choice! The food was excellent; roast pork loin with red cabbage was cooked perfectly, the cabbage with just a slight crunch was a delight. The seafood over Risotto was also a treat; sort of an Italian paella. The lobster bisque had a substantial amount of lobster meat, the wine selection by the glass wider than usual. The meal was not inexpensive, but the value was good.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Middletown, Connecticut
“Great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Food delicious, live music a plus. Rather noisy around the bar. Make reservations for any large party, as this place was hopping when we went. Drinks on the high side, $9 for a glass of house wine!

Visited October 2012
“Delicious!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

My husband and I don't get many nights off, with a puppy in the house, So when we have an opportunity to go out, we get very excited. I also get pretty anxious when we go somewhere other that a chain restaurant, cause they could really be a hit or miss.

Baci Grill was definitely a hit! For an appetizer we got the Sirloin and Pepper Jack Cheese Spring Rolls, which weren't that amazing. The ingredients were so mixed together that we really couldn't taste anything except for the grease they were fried in.

For entrees my hubby got the Chicken Parm (Pretty standard) and I got the Pan Seared Salmon over butternut sage ravioli, caramelized onions (Skipped the onions), wilted spinach and butternut squash, finished with a sherry cream sauce - AMAZING! and the portion was so big that I got a nice lunch left for today.

Desert was called Chocolate Decadence and was probably the best version of the usual Brownie and Ice Cream that we have ever had.

One thing that means perhaps more that the food for me is atmosphere. We were seated at a booth which was big and private enough (just how I like it) and they had a band playing some good oldies on the other side of the restaurant.

Overall we had a wonderful experience and will definitely be back!

• Visited January 2013