“Wish there were more than 3 not very bright lights in the...” 3 of 5 stars

Super 8 Cromwell / Middletown
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1 Industrial Park Road, Cromwell, CT 06416   |
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Cromwell
Montpelier, Vermont
“Wish there were more than 3 not very bright lights in the...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Wish there were more than 3 not very bright lights in the room.
Plastic part of bathroom faucet was broken.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Zoeann L, Director of Sales at Super 8 Cromwell / Middletown, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Thank you for your review. We sincerely apologize as our goal is for all our guest to have an entirely super experience while staying with us. We implore you in the future to please contact the front desk staff and inform them of any problems with your room during your stay with us at the Super 8 Cromwell. We are an eco-friendly property and as such we use energy efficient light bulbs usually between 60 to 100 watts. Light bulbs with higher wattage can be obtained upon request from our front desk staff, who are available 24 hours, 7 days per week.
We look forward to seeing you and to delivering an even a brighter and super experience on your next stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Just spent one night at the Super 8 Cromwell/Middletown Ct. And had a fine time. Easy check in/out, clean nice size room with fresh smelling linens, make your own waffles and continental breakfast items in the a.m. Had our small dogs with us and were accommodated well by having a room on the ground floor near an exit for easy access outside. Would recommend this hotel to friends visiting that area, although try for a room away from the highway.

Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2014

This would not normally be my first choice in hotels. However, a friend assured me that the price was right and the place was in nice shape. I have to admit I was skeptical, but upon my arrival my skepticism was laid to rest when I was welcomed by the most professional young lady, Danielle, at the front desk. She took the time to answer all my questions; where to eat, what to do etc. This place is nothing fancy but gets the job done….clean room, friendly, complimentary breakfast(just ok).. overall good value.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Holden, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2014

The hotel looks old and the room felt old and lived in but not dirty. The general manager was very friendly and changed my reservation at the last minute for me with no issues, and the night shift front desk man was helpful with food recommendations. Staff seemed excited to know that the furry con was in town again which was nice after being used to disgust in other hotels. My only complaint is that it is very hard to get in and out of and some of the delivery menus in the room didn't actually deliver to the hotel.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends

1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2014

I would advise not to ever stay in this disgusting place. I was in room 330 and as I was sitting in bed I see this bug on the AC unit, not sure if it was a roach or what, so I snap out of bed and slam it with my shoe, then I look by the desk where the light was and there's another one, so I popped that one. I wanted to leave but it was so late, so I decided to stay, what a mistake that was, I did not sleep the entire night, all I could think about were the bugs and who knows what was in the bed I was laying in. I was waiting for daylight so I could leave and to make matters worse it was daylight savings time, so the night felt like an eternity. Take my advice and do not support this trashy motel, it's infested and dirty. Don't get me started on the bathroom, that's an entire review on its own. NEVER AGAIN!!!

Room Tip: Stay in a room without bugs...good luck
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Glenmoore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2014

We have been selecting the Cromwell Super 8 hotel for many years now and are always completely satisfied with our approximately 25 days of reservations during this period. Price is great and location is ideal for our needs.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family

Lake Forest, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2014

My compliments to the staff. I was staying in the room only to have the bathtub
knob break. I had to move rooms very late at night. I then noticed that a condom was in the bathroom trash. I wouldn't mind to much, but try explaining to a 9 year old what that is. The staff had there hands tied, but over all was pretty disappointed obviously. The staff tried hard.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Zoeann L, Director of Sales at Super 8 Cromwell / Middletown, responded to this review, October 15, 2014
We are very sorry to hear about your experience. We are committed to providing superior service and finding adequate solutions to each guest complaints once notified. Cleanliness is very important to us no matter what the situation, so we do apologize that our goal to deliver a super experience on a whole was not realized. We do hope that you will give us a chance to regain your confidence in us as we are dedicated to delivering quality and superior service. We hope to see you soon!

Been to Super 8 Cromwell / Middletown? Share your experiences!