“Everything was fine, no complaints” 5 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Cromwell
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Southampton, Pennsylvania
“Everything was fine, no complaints”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2008

Stayed here on business for 5 days. Everything about the place was just fine. Room was clean, fresh smelling. Beds were very comfortable. Bathroom was clean and fixtures worked fine. Ventilation system seemed pretty new, worked fine and was relatively quite. Used the breakfast buffet which while not extravagant, had a good selection -- fruits, pastries, eggs, meats, etc.

Refrigerator in each room was a plus, too.

• Stayed September 2008
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2008

I stayed here for a weekend for my friend's wedding. we booked at least 40 rooms. The check-in was easy, and everything was very nice about this hotel. I didn't use the pool but I heard it was nice. We were all invited to lunch the day of the wedding and breakfast the next morning, and the hotel did a great job at putting it all together.

the only bad thing I have to say is that there wasn't enough toilet paper or tissues in the room. they were all half used, but other than that it was a great stay. the website's photos are true to what actually is there.

• Liked — the room had an ethernet cable, so you could connect your laptop to their free internet!
  • Stayed May 2008
Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2008

My husband and I live in Connecticut and every Valentine's day we like to go away for a night and have a romantic escape. I chose this property b/c it's not to far to drive to and b/c it's one of the few hotels that have an in-room 2-person whirlpool tub in the room.

We have stayed here the past two years for Valentine's day and have had an excellent time each time. The rooms are very clean and spacious. The whirlpool is located in the bathroom and is huge and has a shower curtain, so you totally make it a romantic oasis for the two of you :)

We had dinner one year at the restaurant and it was great, they had a special menu for Valentine's day and the staff was excellent.

We had breakfast both times and you cannot beat the spread they put on--they have scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, home fries, different breads/muffins, cereals, waffles, coffee and juices...you can get the breakfast included with your room rate or just pay separately--either way it's a great meal and very convienient to go right from your room to the restaurant area.

The pool is wonderful and very private--everything is clean and there are plenty of other restaurants in the area and you're right around the corner from the Berlin Turnpike and a movie theater. All in all a great place to escape, even just for a night.

• Liked — 2-person whirlpool in the room
  • Disliked — out of town sports team staying--bunch of teens running around
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
gorgeous hudson valley
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2008

Our travels took us to Cromwell during the Playoff games....not wanting to miss a minute, we decided to book a room and watch the games....(go Pats!)
Upon entering, there is a fireplace and couch in the lobby....just beyond the lobby was the business center with 3 computers, just beyond that was the bar/restaurant. There is Starbucks coffee for sale in the lobby and also a small 'market' with soda and snacks.
Requested a room on the upper floor, and we got it. It was a double bedded room. There was nothing upscale about the hotel, but Courtyards are designed with the business person in mind. There were plenty of outlets for laptops, chargers, etc. Internet access was free, but it wasn't wireless. USA today delivered in the morning. Bathroom shower had great water pressure. Plenty of towels and washcloths. They have "bliss" toiletries, really nice! Fridge in every room.
The air/heating system was somewhat loud, but we just turned it off at night and were comfortable, even though it was 3 degrees outside.
All in all, the hotel seemed well maintained, front desk helpful. The hotel is located adjacent, but not not connected, to an Applebee's. 2 gas stations at the intersection, a Wal-Mart about a mile away, a plaza just across the street has a club, Japenese restaurant, a nail salon can't remember what other stuff was there. We had take-out from the, Baci Grill--which was great.

• Liked — convenient to Champions Ice Arena and I 91
  • Disliked — heating system
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
Albany, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2008

My companion and I were booked in a whirlpool king room for two nights. Upon check-in, we looked over the room and everything appeared fine. We were surprised that the whirlpool was in the bathroom, not in the bedroom as we have had before in various other Courtyard locations. I went to the desk and asked about this, but a young male assistant manager (did not get his name) explained that the Cromwell location did not have those kinds of rooms - only suites that were available for a higher rate. We decided to stick with the room we had.

Our first night, we came back to our room pretty late and noticed that it was very cold. The heat had turned off, so we turned it back up and went to bed. All night, we were both very chilly even though we're both usually warm sleepers. The next morning, after a broken night of sleep due to the uncomfortable room temperature, I decided to get out of bed. I walked over to the heating unit to check it and noticed what seemed like a very strong draft. I took a closer look at the window and found that it was open a crack! We hadn't noticed earlier but it was definitely left open - I pulled on it and it slid and clicked shut.

I then decided to go relax by having a bath in the Jacuzzi tub. Whenever I use a tub in a hotel, I always wipe it down first with a Clorox disinfecting wipe - it's just a habit I've developed for personal hygiene. I was horrified when I began wiping down the large two-person tub! Inside the jets were visibly filthy and the dirt came off with a little reaching and effort. I point this out because it was not stains - it was just dirt that cleaning staff should have removed. I was rather upset but I finished cleaning the tub, planning to bring the problem to management's attention after bathing and getting dressed for the day. I filled the tub and finally climbed in and started the jets - only to discover that half of them weren't working! The main amenity we were paying for was dirty and not in proper working order! Unacceptable! To top it all off, the toilet had been clogged since the middle of the night.

At this point, I was furious. I pulled on some clothes and went down to the front desk. I politely asked the woman there to speak to the manager on duty and was first told that no one was available. After expressing the urgency of my problem, the woman radioed for a manager to come back to the desk. Jodie arrived a minute later. I discretely explained the situation. She listened to all of my concerns and seemed genuinely concerned and apologetic. I truly appreciated her professionalism and good customer service. Because it was her first day as a manager, she called another manager to help her resolve my problem. While the other woman, Anna, was on her way, the woman at the front desk began assigning me another room (same type) at Jodie's direction. Anna approached and was much less concerned and kind than Jodie. Before I could even finish explaining the situation, Anna told me that it was my responsibility to inspect the room at check-in (I agree - to an extent) and suggested that I should have brought all of this to their attention then. I calmly explained that we hadn't had these problems yesterday afternoon and that my companion and I needed to use the toilet and shower - we could not wait for maintenance as she suggested. She was rude and unapologetic and was more concerned with blaming me for the problems then trying to offer a solution. I was given another set of room key cards and I returned to my original room to discuss the situation with my companion. We decided to check out and go to another hotel for our second night. While we were preparing to leave, Anna and Jodie knocked on our door and offered up complimentary breakfast coupons (that we did not use) and a $50 discount on our first night. I explained that we would not be using the second room, as we would not be staying. I thanks Jodie for her help, and informed Anna that she had disappointed us with her unwillingness to make sure that we were satisfied or to apologize for the problems we encountered. We finished packing up and checked out; we checked into another hotel down the street and were treated with the utmost respect and professionalism - as I expected to be treated at a Marriott Courtyard hotel.

I have never checked out of a hotel like this before. The way I was treated was unacceptable. Anna's attitude was rude and unprofessional and the room was sub-par. I was especially upset at the filth in the bathroom! Everything could have been resolved, but Anna's attitude prevented that. We stay at various Courtyards frequently and have come to expect a certain level of service. I will absolutely not be staying at this location again, even though I will visit the area regularly.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Fargo, North Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2007

My husband and I stayed for two nights while visiting our college student at Wesleyan. Hotel is more than we expected from a Courtyard Marriott. There is a small bar and a restaurant in the lobby. Check-in was smooth. The hotel is well-maintained, and the room was quite comfortable and quiet. We had no problems with smell. The hotel is convenient to Wesleyan University -- about a 10 - 15 minute drive. We plan to stay again on our next trip to Cromwell.

• Liked — Convenience
  • Disliked — It's a basic courtyard marriott
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
Oceanside, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2007

Sitting here in our room waiting for our next thanksgiving tournemnt hockey game - cant say anything bad about the place. coming to this area for over 5 yrs, this is the first time we've ever needed to stay here. as always, you cant beat the name. Good value, breakfast til 10am and right off on 91.

• Stayed November 2007
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Courtyard Hartford Cromwell? Share your experiences!