“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Cromwell
New York City, New York
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

This is a nice, clean hotel. They honored my request for a quiet room on an upper floor away from elevators and noise.

Check-in was efficient and helpful. I need to find a fedex drop in a hurry at 6 p.m. They offered to call in a request for pick-up, but given the hour, I preferred to drive to a fedex location. Very quickly the staff located the nearest fedex and called to confirm that the drop-off deadline was 7 p.m. Simultaneous to this search, a desk person checked my into my room.

The room was clean and quiet. No issues at all. The bathroom is larger and wider than a lot of other hotels these days and the water pressure was strong. We stay in a lot of hotels, and the extra room in and out of the shower is more comfortable. Usually we feel like the shower is in a closet. The room felt spacious as well.

My only suggestion is that the lights be lowered in the lounge area in the evening. The decor is lovely; the lighting is too bright.

We found an excellent Japanese restaurant across the street. Bonus.

We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you like quiet, ask for a second or third floor room away from the elevators and away from the ba...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Warwick, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We stayed here in March for a hockey tournament. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfy. I really appreciated the friendliness of the staff, they were always cheerful and ready to help with a smile. The 9 and 10 year old team was allowed to play Knee hockey in a small conference room and the parents were also allowed to hang out and enjoy at night. the only down side I would say is that we were quite spread out, but no big deal. The lobby and lounge area have been remodeled and very pleasing to the eye. I would recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

I'm a regular Marriott customer and although everything was fine and the front desk person was lovely, you can tell they tried to turn an old hotel into a Courtyard. They are not quite there yet. Bed & pillows were comfy but the rest of the room furnishings were fairly outdated. No coffee in the lobby as offered. Won't return here.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Leland, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Short review here...the rooms are solid and what you would expect from a Courtyard site. The lobby was redone over the past year and it is much improved with a speedy check-in process.

I would say that the one downer is that they now have a "restaurant" like eating area and there is no continental or hot continental breakfast. Considering the price of the room was north of $100 per night, I expected at least granola bars or fruit. The only thing they had was coffee, and it wasn't very good.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

On our way to Connecticut prior to booking here we stayed at a Spring Hill by Marriot near Scranton PA. This hotel was very nice hence the reason we booked at this Marriot. However, there is no comparison at all. This Marriot was a little outdated and all for about the same price as the Spring Hill Marriot. Staff was friendly and our stay decent. I just don’t understand how you can charge the same and get less. I have read in some other reviews about some upgrades to this hotel. If you plan on staying here ask for an updated room or shop around first before booking.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
WHGGuestService, Manager at Courtyard Hartford Cromwell, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments related to your recent stay at our hotel. I wanted to post a response and thank you for recognizing the friendliness of our associates. I’m extremely proud of my team and I think TripAdvisor members have come to expect nothing short of excellent service from our Team.

I also wanted to take this opportunity to let you know that I read all the comments and reviews on TripAdvisor and use the feedback to make changes and continuously improve the quality of the experience that we provide to our guests. I have to admit that I was disappointed to read that we didn’t meet your expectations and that you didn’t find our hotel to be a good fit. However I will take the information you’ve provided and share it with my team. If you wish to reach out to me directly at the hotel to further discuss your experience, I would love the opportunity to speak with you.

Steve Matiatos,
Newtown, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We used the Marriott Courtyard for its convenience to our wedding venue. When we first visited the courtyard they were under construction and was told that they would be finished by the time our event was here. They not only were finished with the construction but everything look like it was sparkling. What a nice surprise. Also, we had close to 100 people stay at the courtyard under our wedding block.and there was not one complaint about anything. I thought that the arrival of 100 guests was going to be a bit hairy but again, the staff checked everyone in swift and professional manner with no glitches. We also choose to have a breakfast buffet for our guests the next morning and again everything ran smoothly and the food was great.

I would definitely recommend the Marriott Courtyard in Cromwell, Ct. to anyone staying in this area. Thanks to all the staff for your efforts and professionalism.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

The staff here are always friendly and very helpful. I've been staying here for about a year now. It's a Courtyard so you know what you're getting. Plus they always look after me well. Special mention goes to Kareem & Sara

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Courtyard Hartford Cromwell? Share your experiences!