“Mostly Great!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Cromwell
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Mostly Great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Even though I was in Cromwell to see family, I also needed to accomplish a critical task for my job on my laptop that would require many hours sitting at the desk in the hotel room. When I initially sat down at the desk, I found that the desk chair would not adjust any higher. I am tall, so found sitting at that level uncomfortable, not only for my legs but also because I had to reach UP to my laptop on the table (I don't know how shorter people handle that part of it.)
I spoke to the lady from Housekeeping, thinking maybe we could switch my chair with one from an vacant room. She said she would talk to her supervisor.
About 10 minutes later, there was a knock on my door; it was "Nick" from Engineering. I told him the problem, he checked the chair and said it was at it's highest setting and he said he thought all the chairs were the same. He would be back after doing some checking.
Again, it was only about 10 minutes and he was back, rolling a black net-backed office chair. He said he had borrowed it from a "short" co-worker. He asked when I'd be checking out so he could come and pick the chair up when I was finished.
I was VERY impressed with his creativity and resourcefulness!
I've stayed at your hotel a few times in the past few years, but it had been about 2 years since my last stay. I was very impressed by your renovations.
Only one negative comment; on Friday morning, I worked out in your exercise room, came down and got a complimentary coffee from your lobby. On Saturday morning, I repeated the routine and found the coffee pots gone. I was told that you had discontinued the complimentary coffee as you were no longer using Marriott brand. My option was
Starbucks - and expensive Starbucks! I'm sorry you have made that decision.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Evanston, Il
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We stayed here three nights when visiting family in the area. The room was large and comfortable. We have traveled all over the world and I tend to judge hotels/motels by the pillows and towels. The pillows were great, the towels adequate. We were not pleased by the sheets and covers on our kingsize bed. The sheets were not of the quality one expects from a Marriott, the cover was too small for the bed. The lobby was large, had a snack bar with tables, chairs and couches. I was impressed with the staff, they were welcoming and helpful. I was disappointed that the hotel didn't provide a continental breakfast, but since we know the area we went to the diner across the highway. We would stay here again when visiting family.

Philadelphia, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I have been staying here for the past few months and I have always had great service. Kareem has also been wonderful and a delight every morning very cheerful and helpful. Highly recommend staying here for business or pleasure.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Not your typical Courtyard property. It's not the standard design and layout, however the lobby and rooms let you know where you are! The lobby is the new Courtyard design, however it's much larger than the standard Courtyard lobby. Makes it very convenient for groups and/or for small business meetings.

The guestrooms are large and quiet, and afford a good night's rest. Internet service was spot-on and the work area was very productive. I used the fitness center which is very small. There were no towels and no wipes for the equipment.

My only issue was with parking. The lot was very full, and when you park in the back, it's not immediately apparent how to access the hotel. I spent more time than I would have preferred dragging my suitcase through the cold, dark and snow.

It's very close to I-91, and is only about 10-15 minutes from downtown Hartford. I would return to this hotel if I needed to stay in the area again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Absolutely love the lobby area! Great little nooks to sit and eat and each have their own tv. Very easy to sit and relax even with many people around. They serve decent food at decent prices. The hotel rooms were clean and comfortable. Interestingly enough, The shampoo/conditioner are high-end (Paul Mitchell) but they totally skimp on the soap providing you with a useless chalky bar that breaks in half during its first use--penny wise but pound foolish!
The pool is clean but freezing! Many people seem to have complained and blogged about this, so it is obvious that the hotel does not wish to make this amenity more comfortable for their guests.
Parking for hotel guests is a nightmare on weekends when they host shows at the hotel and share the parking lot with a busy Chili's restaurant. Prepare to drive around stalking for a spot.

new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We stayed at this hotel this past weekend for the NESCAC men's swimming & diving championships.

The parents of the Wesleyan team stayed here as well as the men's team, and we held two team dinners at the hotel.

I was amazed at how clean and nice the rooms were, well priced. But, blown away by the dinners - the food was well prepared and bountiful to feed the team and parents. The chef, Fro (for short) personally went over our menu and prepared the menu just the way we asked. Service was great and very helpful, and they were juggling 4 team dinners at the same time.

I will certainly return for such an event again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Floral Park, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I had stayed here last year for work and had the opportunity to do so again this year. They remodeled the bar/eating area off the lobby and it looks great.

Room was clean, bed was comfortable and the free internet woked well.

The next mornign I ordered coffee and oatmeal before my business meeting and was pleasantly surprised how great it was. It came with walnuts, brown sugar and crasins!

I stay here becuase I have business in Hartford and it's a quick 12 minute ride. I look forward to staying here again next year.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard Hartford Cromwell? Share your experiences!