“OK stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn

You added Quality Inn to your Saves list
Quality Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   111 Berlin Rd., Cromwell / Middletown, Cromwell, CT 06416 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Cromwell
South Carolina
“OK stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Convenient to highway. Very small breakfast room, but they had continental breakfast and a couple of hot items. Rooms were a good size and beds were comfortable. Our room had a refrigerator and a microwave. Good lighting in the room. Staff was friendly and helpful. No pool and didn't have a chance to use the exercise room.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Middletown, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I booked one night in a double bed room. My best man and I stayed there prior to my wedding, since I can't see my bride the day of. Since check out was at 11am and our limo wasn't coming until 2pm we had some time to hang around. Instead of kicking us out of our room the manager allowed us to stay in the room until the limo came. The room was great size and breakfast wasn't bad at all. Thank you Quality Inn staff!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Elyria, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Through my travels I am convinced that personal experience overtakes reviews. However, i have also noted that great experiences need to be recognized. A great location, with clean rooms and a reasonable price are important, but customer service is a must. I have stayed at many hotels with lousy service and places like these which make it an excellent personal experience to always remember your trip.

My husband and I have stayed at this location a few times and have always had a great experience. The rooms are clean, comfortable and cosy. The staff is very friendly especially management who will do their utmost to help you in anyway. We thoroughly enjoy vacations and don't fuss over little issues that every accommodation/hotel/restaurant/service industry experiences.Overall, we loved our stay and highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We always ask for room on groud floor
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Fredericksburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised at the appearance and comfort of this former Comfort Inn. It's aged a bit (the reason for the downgrade from Comfort Inn, I presume) but still retains the larger rooms of the pricier Choice Hotels marque. Everything worked fine in the room. It was clean. The bed was just O.K. But the price, compared to other Choice offerings in the Hartford area, combined with the "better than expected" quality led us to stay two nights on our annual four week summer driving vacation. Also, eggs and sausage, plus the normal continental cold breakfast items cinched the deal for us. Probably as good a Quality Inn as we've stayed in recently.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

The people booking for my group booked late and we stayed at this hotel. It was Awful! Although the rooms stated that they were non smoking, there had been zero renovations done since the change took place. The room smelled strongly of smoke, there were cigarette burn stains on the sink. There was no fridge, no microwave and the mattress was smaller than the box spring. The mattress was also very old. Sleeping on it felt like I was in a child's bouncing toy. Even after taking an Advil PM, I did not sleep all night. In the morning, the shower had very little pressure and the water was not hot. I would not stay her again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
cromwellqualityinn, Webmaster at Quality Inn, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. They help us understand how we can improve the hotel. Your comments were long ago, however, and the issues you mention have long since been addressed. I’m sorry, however, that we couldn’t provide you with a better stay when you visited us. I hope you’ll try us again and see how we’ve changed. You’ll be pleasantly surprised.

Hotel Manager.
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

Basic room but very helpful reception staff who had offered us great help.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

I pulled in to this hotel because it was a late night and I was on business driving back home to Boston. I hadn't intended to stay the night anywhere but was really tired and saw this place and gave it a try. The desk staff was very pleasant. The hallway on my floor was dirty and the carpets were stained and it did smell like cigarettes even though it was supposedly non-smoking. The room was very dated, but it was very clean and the furniture was well-kept. Now that I have read the other reviews about the bed bugs I shudder to even think about what I might have been sleeping with, but I was tired and it was late so I didn't even check before climbing in to bed. Mainly because I thought that since the room looked so clean it would be fine. I have to say that the bed was actually very comfortable and the sheets and pillows definitely smelled clean. I slept really well actually and checked out early the next morning to get back on the road. They also serve a continental breakfast which was a nice touch for a budget hotel. It looked as though they also had a computer in the lobby available for use although I'm not sure if there was a fee. I do know that they have free wifi and they give you the password information when you check in.

All in all, I would say if you are not picky and just need the basics this place is fine.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thanks for recognizing the overall value of our property and the rooms we provide. I feel, however, that we did not 100 percent satisfy you, and I sincerely apologize. I know that your stay was a long time ago, but you still deserve an apology that we did not exceed your expectations. I hope you have stayed with us since and see how we’re improving. We look forward to welcoming you in the future as well.

Hotel Manager.

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!