“I thought I was back in Italy” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Bolton, Connecticut, United States
“I thought I was back in Italy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

Six of us went on Sunday evening, we had a reservation, but had to wait about a half hour before we got our table. After our meal, the wait wasn't as important any longer. Everything from the wine, the app and all of our entrees were top notch. All the ingredients were fresh and I thought back to our meals we had when we visited Italy. Staff was very friendly and accommodating to some of our special dietary needs. Can't wait to go back! Yummy!

Visited June 2014

Coventry, Connecticut
“Authentic Italian!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

After traveling all over Italy last October 2013, I had to say that the food at our little local Francesca' Italian Bistro was as good, and often better than what we found in highly rated restaurants in Florence and Tuscany. The new location is not actually much bigger than the old, but extremely charming, with lots of stone work and beautiful floor tile. I always order the house red which is a well rounded Chianti. The wait staff always brings the good local water to the table refilling often without reminder. The bread that is served with every meal is warm and fragrant, served with seasoned olive oil and butter as well. Ordering the garlic bread with cheese is worth the extra price however. The menu is almost too extensive -almost requiring a speed reader to navigate properly. My absolute favorite is the Penne Bolognese, a flavorful dish that taste like it comes from an old world kitchen. I avoid the veal dishes that come with proscutti as they are so heavy with the ham. Otherwise wonderful, I suppose you could always kick the extra ham to the side. Tonight, I ordered Veal Parmigiano. It was absolutely the best I ever had. The veal was pounded and crisp and at the same time, very tender. The huge portion was loaded with yummy cheese and Francesca's special red sauce. This dish was served with a funny twisted pasta I thought was "gemelli" but was told was "trofiette" or torchio.
I hate to review this restaurant as it is becoming way too crowded at the normal dining hours. Efficient service and a non-hurried attitude is the best of both worlds with the maitre d remembering your face if there is no table ready and you want to wander around to the next door historical sites while a spot is readied for you.

• Visited May 2014
Tolland, Connecticut
“Beautiful new location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

We ate at Francesca's on the night that they had their grand re-opening! May 1, 2014. I couldn't
wait one more day....The new place inside is so beautiful!! It has gray stone columns and everything is new!!! It is still small and cozy but more room than the old place. The food, the most important part, is STILL YUMMY!!! Sal still makes the best food. The menu was changed and it is
smaller but still has a lot of choices to choose from. Plus they added a few fish dishes, like sea bass, tuna and they now have Lamb on the menu also!
Gina out did herself with this new choc. cake that she made! The parking is to the left of the building and down in back. You can not park in front of the location. We wish them luck at the new place and we will be back soon! Enjoy!!

• Visited May 2014
Andover, Connecticut
“LOVE this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

My husband and I absolutely love this little restaurant. We have had numerous wonderful meals here and enjoy the atmosphere and the staff very much too. Can't wait until they open in their new location! It is definitely worth a try for any of you who haven't been to the old location. I think you will be very impressed.

• Visited January 2014
Ashford, CT
“Delicious Authentic Italian Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

Love the food! They can even accommodate my gluten-free diet. Can't wait for the new location to open (which is probably why some of you haven't had any success reaching them by phone or making reservations). The new space is a better location and should seat more people, although I hope they don't lose that at-home, Italian kitchen atmosphere ... mangia!

• Visited December 2013