“Best Indian Food in Fairfield County” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 33 Restaurants in Cos Cob
Cuisines: Indian
Stamford, ct.
“Best Indian Food in Fairfield County”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

Had the pleasure of dining at Mumbai Times tonight with a friend. Food was excellent and so was the service! Go!!!!!

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Greenwich, Connecticut
“Good value for Indian food, somewhat limited menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

This restaurant opened recently near my home and offers very good value for what they make. The menu is pretty limited with regard to choice. However, by specializing on a small number of core items the food that you get does tend to taste very good.
The interior of the restaurant is quite small so I would not recommend this place for a large group unless you book the whole place in advance.
The staff are courteous and attentive.
One other note. This is the first restaurant that opened after Sandy and they had take out when no one else could.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
FFD County, CT
“The BEST Indian!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Great little spot where they aim to please. Everything I've tried has been fresh and tasty. Great spices and ample portions. BYO if you dine in, which is nice. We usually take out. A true winner. Love it.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
stamford, ct
“Excellent Indian food in Cos Cob”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Although this restaurant is among a group of stores along Route 1 in Cos Cob, and it is tiny, and barely decorated, the food is delicious, and the service is attentive. I think that there is no liquor license, because we saw a couple at the next table with what looked like their own wine. The take out business was brisk, but we managed to linger for two hours at dinner with another couple, and were unperterbed by the activity, because there was no untoward noise. For the evening we all ate vegetarian, and everyone was happy. The onion chutney was spicy, and we ordered vegetable samosas, ragara patties and onion bhaja. All were quite good. For dinner we ordered bindi, malai kofta, a vegetable/paneer dish from the "spicy club" section of the menu, and aloo gobi. We had naan with chiles and onions, and garlic naan. Every dish that we had was flavorful, with distinct characteristics and deep flavor profiles. The only reason I didn't give Mumbai Times an overall "excellent" rating is due to the lackluster decor. Otherwise, everything was wonderful, and I would highly recommend it. One more thing--this strip of stores where Mumbai Times is located has off street parking ijn the back, which also makes this a better choice than places where you must pay for parking, and the streets are crowded.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Greenwich, Connecticut
“Great to Have an Indian Restaurant in the Neighborhood!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

My friend and I were seated right away and our food came out in a timely manner. The sauces and chutney's were tasty. The naan bread was fluffy and hard to resist. I had my usual dish, chicken tikka masala. It was good but I felt like something was missing either in the sauce or the rice. The samosa's were served hot but very one note. My friend enjoyed her spicy lamb vindaloo. Since Mumbai Times is so close to my home I would definitely try their food again.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Been to Mumbai Times? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Mumbai Times, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.