“Perfect!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cos Cob Inn

Cos Cob Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cos Cob
Cos Cob Inn
50 River Road, Cos Cob, CT 06807   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Cos Cob B&B and Inns
Old Greenwich, Connecticut
“Perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have stayed at Cos Cob Inn at least once a week for the past year, so I think that I have stayed in each of the 12 rooms by now. All are beautifully furnished and impeccably clean. The staff is delightful, including Linda at the desk and all of the cleaning and serving staff. I love the little personal touches most. Always 2 bottles of cold water in the room's refrigerator, a coffee pot, lovely and generous toiletries, an iron and ironing board, plenty of extra pillows, towels, blankets etc., cable TV. The basket filled with tea and coffee also includes some wrapped candies and Italian style biscuits. I love the thick, luxurious quilt on the bed. The breakfast is much nicer than most continental breakfasts I have seen elsewhere; yogurts, fresh fruits including strawberries and blueberries every day, home baked muffins, hot and cold cereals, choice of juices etc. After having to stay once in another local hotel that charged me more than twice the price, I REALLY appreciate Cos Cob Inn. (For my opinion of that one, see my review at Harbor House Inn in Old Greenwich)

Room Tip: The Inn is part of the nearby Water Club, so you can dine or swim and take advantage of the club'...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

14 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

We stopped over on our way from Newark to Boston after a flight from the UK & found Cos Cob Inn to be a clean & quiet respite just off I95. The staff leave you to your own devices, which may not suit all, but was fine for us as we were passing through with our three children(22,21&16) so we took up half the small breakfast room much to the annoyance of another guest who had invited friends for breakfast as if she owned the place - most strange!

• Stayed July 2012
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

I love the large chain hotels when I'm traveling on business. Still, the Cos Cob Inn was a great way to get a break in a week of business hotels. Good internet service, lots of plugs to recharge my gear, excellent Continental breakfast (that category name doesn't do it justice). Only problem was that I hadn't been there before and I arrived late so I was kind of on my own looking for a dinner restaurant. But in Cos Cob, the choices all seemed good, so this was a minor inconvenience. No need to rent a car--it's a mile from the Cos Cob train station, and taxis are available if you have luggage. The other reviews mention the highway noise from the Interstate and the lovely room in the back. I had that room in the back, too, and didn't hear the highway noise at all, except when I was going in and out the front.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back are quieter.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Oakland, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

What a strange place this is. Lovely to look at, but if you arrive and/or leave, as I did, outside of their hours (8AM to 5PM) there is no sign of innkeeper life here. And during daylight, you have to march across the street 100 yards to a marina office to see a person at "reception". That's the only office. My small room had almost no heat on a very cold night (except in the bathroom) and when I called the night manager (at some remote location) to ask for help with heat, he had very little sympathy, and did nothing. There was no information in the room to help me understand the TV or the phone system. It was just one of those stays where very little seemed to go right, and no one was there to help. The best benefit for guests is free access to a marvelous, top-shelf fitness center also across the street.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms have heat and are quieter, I'd guess/hope.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Finland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

Otherwise the location really close to the freeway exit is convenient (we flew to Newark, from where it was less than an hours drive), but unfortunately the noice of the freeway was really loud at all times. At least our room on the first floor (the honeymoon suite) was not the quietest. Otherwise the inn was most pleasant place to stay: clean and very nicely decorated. Breakfast was good and was served in a cosy little breakfast room just outside our room. I would give this place four stars hands down, but both the noice and view of the freeway strips one star off.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Ottawa Ontario Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

Stayed at the Cos Cob for our Anniversary August 19th. We arrived the night before, found the "front desk" across the street got our keys and entered our room. And what a room, it was on the first floor, all by itself near the back of the house - we were able to go through the back door so it was very helpful for unloading the car. Great bed, and shower and little touches like biscotti for tea and coffee. The Grenwich water club across the street had a huge pool, fitness room and a restaurant overlooking the marina. We took advantage of everything and had a great day. Also the next day we did the train into NYC and like other reviewers, couldn't believe the ease of our trip - walked to the station, and got into GCS in just over 30 minutes, then an easy subway ride to see Lady Liberty. Loved the breakfast, we never eat more than what was offered on any other day so it was perfect for us. And we got to meet a few other guests which is always fun. It is also close to the only public golf course in the area which was a big plus for us. AND the TV had the golf channel - which is rare in a non chain hotel.

Room Tip: 1st floor room was quiet and good for unloading car without going up stairs.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2011

We had a lovely huge room with a massive spa bath! located just opposite the Greenwich marina it was a lovley location, near some shops and restaurants. Breakfast was lovely and it was only 10 min walk to the train station which then got us into NYC within 40 mins! The only thing is, we didnt know that we had to collect our room key from the Marina office opposite the inn.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Cos Cob Inn? Share your experiences!