“Change is Good” 4 of 5 stars

2038692339
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Nuage French Japanese Fusion is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 32 Restaurants in Cos Cob
Cross street: Between Suburban Ave and Sinawoy Rd
Old Saybrook, CT
“Change is Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

Formerly Nuage, an Asian/French fusion restaurant, they've taken the best seafood dishes from the old restaurant, added some more to their list, and become Coast. It was a good change. Greenwich is desperately in need of more seafood restaurants.

My wife had their signature sea bass entrée while I was tempted by the poached grouper special. Both were delightful and we'd order them again in a heartbeat. We'll definitely be back.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Riverside, conn
“Not worth it”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I agree with a few reviewers before me. We've been to the Nuage a handful of times, and the most recent visit didn't give us the kind of value we had hoped for.

We had a mid-week dinner there and ordered an expensive bottle of champagne. They didn't have that one, so we were asked to choose a different bottle. Considering there are only five types of champagne on the menu, three of which below $100, the restaurant should stock the ones on the menu.

We had to put our foot down a few times to make sure the champagne was cold and served before the meal, but after some intervention that worked out.

The meal was good, both appetizers and main course. Preparation was flawless, the meal was satisfying but nothing extraordinary.

The wine list offers far too few choices and is presented poorly. At that price range, the white wine choices should offer more than a half page of "Chardonnay", some "Sauvignon Blanc" and a half dozen "Others". What if I want a Chablis, something from Veneto, or a white Bordeaux? That wine list won't let me find it. Unfortunately, the wait staff had no idea about any of their wines, but I brought my IPhone and cross referenced the wine list with something we were likely to enjoy, which worked. But given the price points and the mark-up over retail prices, providing 0 guidance or service is not acceptable.

I suppose a prix fixe lunch will get you your money's worth but we won't be back for an expensive dinner, not worth it.

The wait staff was cheerful and tried, but they were utterly unprepared to justify Nuage's prices.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
stamford ct
“Not worth it”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Four of us went for dinner mid week and there were very few other diners so it was too quiet. The food is quite expensive and it was not very good Not of us thought our dinners were particularly good and we have no plans to return. When I asked to substitute french fries for the mashed potatoes on the special fish, I was told there may be an up charge. At those prices I was turned off the rest of the meal.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
stamford, ct
“Good food, not memorable--but a lot of pretention”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

When we ate here years ago when it opened, we enjoyed the food, but noted that this was no place to have a casual dinner because it is very costly. So we wnt for a family birthday celebration recently, and I believe that the food is just as good as ever, but they charge outrageous prices and have an attitude. I think that they fancy themselves as the most beautiful restaurant, with food "to die for",and very elite, but the location and ambiance is just OK, and the food, although of good quality is served in small portions, and there is nothing to wow you--nothing is really memorable.Afterwards, I asked myself why we had paid so much for this experience-- unfortunately, I felt as if I had let down the "birthday boy".

Visited December 2012
Greenwich, Connecticut
“A great lunch bargain by the Cos Cob Mill Pond”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

For our annual family celebration of St Barbara's Day (patroness of artillerymen and people named Barbara) I took my daughter to the $22 prix fixe lunch at Nuage a couple of days ago. The food was absolutely splendid in all three courses: we both had a rock shrimp first course; she had a beautiful crab cake and I had chicken teriyaki for the 'main' and she had creme brulee and I had a lovely Napoleon for dessert. Each course was well prepared with fine ingredients, and the service was attentive, friendly and without the pomposity sometimes associated with the better restaurants in my town of Greenwich. It was an excellent lunch and a bargain to boot - - as they say down south, a REpeat! By the by, I didn't know whether to check the 'scenic view' item below or not: Nuage is in a small strip mall on the Post Road in the 'hub' or business centre of Greenwich's Cos Cob neighbourhood, but depending on where one sits one could look over the north end of the ancient Mill Pond. There are no 'bad' views but that one is certainly pleasant, particular if the pro-golf fanatics have not been tormenting the swans and Canada Geese who off and on visit and try to nest in the Pond.

• Visited December 2012