“Amazing food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Colchester, Connecticut
“Amazing food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Asian bistors are hard to come by in the small town Colchester but this one stands out! My friend and I came here after she recommeded it and based on what she said, I was excited. As we stepped in the atmosphere was really well put together with authentic Asian art and style. The place was packed which meant that is was quite popular. We were greeted well and seated as soon as a table was available. The menu prices were decent and very well organized. Our waitress was extremely polite and positive to us and service was quite excellent as well. We ordered a "sushi for two" which we shared. The sushi was beyond outstanding and it was full of flavor. The bill wasn't excruciating but it was totally worth the extra dollar for quality food. This restaurant was extremely satisfying and I've been going back there several times since taking other friends and my family with me so they can try it out for themselves.

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Colchester, Connecticut
“Good Quality Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I loved their sushi and the ambiance is meant for a dating couple or a couple of lovebirds. The waiters/waitresses there are very kind and efficient. Our food arrived quickly, and was great. The reason I rated this 4 out of 5 stars is because the prices are almost through the roof. It's not overly expensive, but there should be a price limit to sushi prices. Otherwise, great food and ambiance and workers, just not so many great prices. Hope you enjoy their extensive variety of Asian cuisines, and hope you find this review helpful.

-Harrison B

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Glastonbury, Connecticut
“Deserves a Second Chance”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I was on the fence with my first review of Ichiban Asian Bistro. I'm glad I took a second look.

Ichiban offers a variety of Asian cuisine's and my first experience was with Chinese. However, I had heard good things about the sushi and hibachi fares and decided to branch out in choosing the hibachi. It was excellent.

I chose the salmon and it was expertly done with plenty to take home for a second meal. It was served with choice of brown, white or fried rices, salad and soup. The salad did not present well and they could have chosen better looking lettuce, but the dressing was nice and it all served the purpose. We shared an appetizer of spring rolls and they were perfect. Light and crispy with not even a hint of oiliness found in many other restaurants.

We were too full for dessert but they do offer a nice variety. Very warm and inviting atmosphere, the meals are well priced and I will not hesitate to return to Ichiban and try some of the other Asian cooking they offer.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Norwich
“A welcome addition to Colchester”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Delicious sushi, and Thai food,also offers some Japanese and Chinese food which I haven't sampled. Good eat in and take out service.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
East Hampton, Connecticut
“A New Find”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

We arrived on a busy Friday night and were warmly welcomed and promptly seated.
The menu was varied with plenty of Chinese, Thai and Japanese choices.
We enjoyed the Vietnamese egg rolls and Tobiko and Masago roe. Our dinners of Pad Thai and a seafood combination were nicely plated and tasty, but we thought they needed more "of a kick" with the seasonings.We did not care for the tea- it was too fragrant and too flowery tasting. We prefer plain, old black tea
Our server Jenny was delightful and efficient. We plan to return and try other entrees.

• Visited November 2012