“One of our favorite spots” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro @ Chamard is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 35 Restaurants in Clinton
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Madison, Connecticut
“One of our favorite spots”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

We have been to Chamard multiple times for lunch, dinners, rehearsal dinners and just wine tastings. The service is always excellent and professonal. The food is consistently good, excellent quality, creative cuisine. We have had almost everything on the menu. The frites are so good! We get them with every meal! We have had the Cod, the lamb, the pork chop and all are well-prepared and delicious. Frequently we will just order the mediterranean plate, salads, soup or the flatbread, and again, all are outstanding. We love the Malbec wine, but the Cabernets are also great. The setting and restaurant are absolutely beautiful in any season! Just have to add that I'm honestly not sure where the "Going South" reviewer went because they dont even have gnocchi or omelets on the menu!!

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

New Haven, Connecticut, United States
“Going south ...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

We've been coming here for quite some time and it's been always good ... not outstanding but consistently good.
I've had heard it was not as good anymore so we went anyway to find out for ourselves.
The host was fine and servers were ok and that's about it ! The sparking wine was room temperature, the food was lukewarm at best, the gnocchi was hard as a rock, the cheese in the omelet was cold and not melted but the worse of all was when I specifically asked for the sauce on the side of my fish entree for dietary reason and I received the fish drowned in sauce, after bring that to the server's attention she took it back to the kitchen and for my surprise she brought back the same fish soaked in the sauce only re-plated!!! Everyone makes mistakes and do mess up orders but having the courage to just re-plate and bring back the same thing is now a lack a respect to client and poor, if not non- existent, quality control in the kitchen and customer service!!!
I guess the rumors are not rumors at all!!!!

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
connecticut
“Go, eat, drink.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

So good. We took my mom here for a week late Mother's Day dinner. The place is gorgeous, the food was perfect and the service was on point. It was our first time, and though a bit spendy (HUGE portions, do yourselves a favor, get one app and share it--no need for three...) I will absolutely go back.

We didn't go into the tasting room, but it sounded like everyone was having a blast and the grounds are beautiful.

BONUS: It's basically right next door to Clinton Crossing, the outlet mall, so walk around there, shop and then go drink wine. DO NOT DO IT THE OTHER WAY, or you will not fit into what you try on.

And though I have no pictures to share, there was a portrait of Kim Kardashian done in Red Vines. TRUE STORY.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bridgeport, Connecticut
“Excellent quality wine and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Despite an extremely crowded tasting room, this place merits 5 stars on the strength of a variety of wines, good service and great food (both in quantity and taste). My vegan friend was even tempted by the appetizing appearance of the cheese plate! This winery is not exclusively working with Connecticut grown grapes, which I think is a good thing. It allows them to create some truly delightful reds. I love the Carmenere in particular.

If you don't like crowds I suggest going earlier in the day or perhaps in an off-peak time (weekdays when applicable or winter months).

Killingworth, Connecticut
“Chamard Bistro-great food - high noise level”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

Had dinner with a friend. She had the pork chop and I had the cod with crab topping. Both meals were very good, but I think a little pricey. We shared two desserts, the pear almond tart and the chocolate bolle (sp?). Both were delicious but the chocolate dessert was VERY rich, so be prepared. The other was much lighter. We were seated next to a table of 8 very loud women and could pretty much not conduct a conversation between ourselves. This is not a sexist statement... my friend and I are women... Once that table left the noise level was much better. Overall it was a very good dining experience but I thought it was a bit pricey considering we did not have any drinks at all. They do have a burger and a few other less costly items so either go for those or go for a special occasion... IMHO. The bar area was very loud and I would not prefer to eat in there for that reason. Others might find that to be enjoyable. Again... just my opinion.

• Visited March 2014