“Good food, excellent friendly service right on the water.” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood, Sandwiches, Hamburgers
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Rocky's Aqua is located in Cedar Island Marina overlooking Clinton Harbor, Cedar Island and Long Island Sound. Enjoy the never ending activity with the constant boat traffic, the southwesterly trade winds on one of our two beautiful decks.
New Canaan, Connecticut, United States
“Good food, excellent friendly service right on the water.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

A great summer treat.....we were in Clinton and getting hungry. ....looked up places that were open on Sunday night and were lucky to stumble upon Rocky's Aqua. The food and ambiance were good, but the service was exceptional.

They clearly get that training their staff to be pleasant, smile, answer questions, engage when necessary, and just be friendly with guests goes a long way toward making a big difference. From the hostess to the waiter, to the server's and bus staff, each person made our experience better.

And the food was delicious..... calamari with fradiablo sauce was crisp and fresh.....lobster roll was exceptional (expensive but worth it) and the Ahi Tuna wrap was outstanding. Highly recommend this spot if you're in the neighborhood.

Rocky R, Owner at Rocky's Aqua, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Thank you very much for a great review, we work hard to make this restaurant special and my staff is the best in any restaurant I have ever been. You said it best, " they get it"

Thanks

New Haven, Connecticut
“Service, Location, and Food = Great Dining Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

The food is tasty and the location is great, but it was the service that brought me back two nights straight! The staff is pleasant, friendly, and attentive. I had a very good lobster roll on night one and an absolutely outstanding steak on night two. The restaurant is tucked away such that you won't come across it by accident, but it is well worth the effort to seek it out!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Rocky R, Owner at Rocky's Aqua, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Music to our ears, hospitality is what we have worked so hard on..........

Thanks

Bristol, Connecticut
“Restaurant by the sea”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

As you enter you are greeted by friendly staff and nice atmosphere. We were seated with a full view of the water. Staff very nice, placed our order and served dinner with a smile. We had their fish and chicken which was well presented, hot, and delicious. Portions were generous . Drinks were great and refreshing!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rocky R, Owner at Rocky's Aqua, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Hi Mark, thanks for all the praise, we all work hard to receive those compliments.... I wonder why Trip decided to give us 4 stars when in every category you gave us 5???? Please ask for me the next time you're in...

Haddam, Connecticut
“Almost, but not quite.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Eight of us met for lunch at Rocky's Aqua last week. We were a group of 1958 classmates from Guilford High School. We met to greet a classmate who was visiting the area and whom we had not seen for a long time. We were seated outside in the porch area. The atmosphere was great. Most had lunches they were very happy with. However, two of us had the hot lobster roll. They were absolutely awful. The butter was brown and scorched. There was very little lobster meat. The cost per lobster roll was apx. @$20.00. I would have sent mine back except that I didn't want to make an issue to upset a happy gathering.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Rocky R, Owner at Rocky's Aqua, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Hi, in the future please bring anything that is not right to our attention. We are not perfect, but we all work hard every day to make your experiences better. After the fact, I can't make things right, please return and bring this to my attention, I will make things right.....

Rocky
“Rocky's needs some work but has potential!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Went out for seafood and thought we would try a new place. We ordered NE clam chowder which was not fresh. The chowder was broken down, thin which tells me it is few days old and has been reheated too many times. If I am going to pay these prices then it should be fresh. Then I inquired about fish and chips and asked whether it was battered or breaded. The waitress had no idea and then went and said it was battered which is what I like. Guess what?? Fish came and it was breaded. It wasn't what I wanted but the fish was fresh and very good. The servers should know what they are selling. The service was lacking. When our main dishes came, the waitress did not offer refills our obvious empty glasses. The waitress came to see how are meal was when we were finished. I get it, things do happen but a restaurant with these prices needs to excel with customer service and also with the food they serve. The ambience is pleasant and casual.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Rocky R, Owner at Rocky's Aqua, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Hi, we rarely get complaints about our clam chowder, you can look at past reviews touting the chowder. That does not change your experience, please let us know you are having issues, ask for a manager or me and we will make things right. Our fish and chips are battered, we don't bread anything, again you had a bad experience, you have to let us know. I do tend to hire high school and college kids, it is part of a personal mentoring program that I take a lot of pride in. I love taking young children and watch them come out of their shells. Each and every year they become better people because of their work experience in the restaurant. Having said that, it sometimes takes a little longer than older more mature adults to learn the systems, but in the long run they will be much better....