“Not bad for a random road trip.” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Coffee Shop, Diner
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Randolph, Massachusetts
“Not bad for a random road trip.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Close off route 95 for those who don't want McDonald's on their trips. Seems geared for an older audience, but it is still enjoyable. Service was good and decent parking out back. My food (pastrami on pretzel) was great, average sweet potato fries. However the chili suffered from "weak chips" lol and may have had flavor added to it by the dishwasher. Nobody complained about the buff chick, so overall average. I wouldn't go out of my way to come here again, I just randomly chose this town to get some food.

• 3 of 5 stars Food

Connecticut
“Local Favorite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We go to Chips Pub often. The food is adequate and fairly priced. If you want five star gourmet foods look elsewhere. This is a family friendly or adult gathering or place to watch a game or a place to grab a quick lunch. I read some of the other reviews about service and a rude manager. We have been here at least fifty times over the years and I have never seen a rude manager. The staff works hard and when it gets busy maybe they get behind a little but so does every other restaurant. Give Chips a try, don’t go in expecting gourmet and you’ll be fine.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Horrible experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Both my soup (NE Chowder) and the BBQ sliders were served COLD. The chowder was served right away, but it was mostly broth with very little in it and no crackers were served, so I just sent it back. After a very long wait, my BBQ chicken sliders were served cold. The bun was actually COLD to the touch. I asked to have it heated up, and it took so long I gave up and cancelled the order. My kids' chicken nuggets were served from a bag, as were the undercooked fries. I didn't get any food, and it cost me $20 to serve the kids warm frozen nuggets. I could have done that at home for A LOT less.
This place used to be ok, has been going downhill for a while, and has now hit bottom.
Can you please at least dust the ceiling fans? That is nasty!

Essex, Connecticut
“Horribly Managed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Simply put the manager was awful,rude,disrespectful and has no place in any customer service! Food was good,too bad she ruined everything!

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Glastonbury, Connecticut
“Absolutely Adequate”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Hey, not every place is a gold cup winner. Some can be perfectly adequate and still worth a visit. The biggest advantage is the proximity to the Clinton Crossing Outlets. Chip's also has the fortunate position of being the only full-scale restaurant within a decent range of a popular shopping area who - for reasons I cannot fathom - do not have any suitable places to eat within it's boundaries (a small cafe and 2 outside food stands). For this reason, we visited Chip's after a morning of great outlet shopping and grilling the retailers for info on a full-scale lunch place.

Chip's is a typical pub atmosphere (not that there's anything wrong with that) and a warm respite on a chilly afternoon. One very odd thing about this place is no matter what door you enter, you are left standing there with no way to be greeted and no sign telling you to seat yourself. It was a very strange introduction.

The waitstaff is pleasant as should be expected at any gathering place. No "wow" factor on the menu, but again, that isn't all bad. The food was absolutely adequate...not great, not bad. They did have free popcorn served when seated and since we were famished, we were grateful for sustenance.

That's about all I can say about Chip's. Not a place I would go out of my way for, but certainly grateful we did not have to eat a hot dog from a stand and sit out in the blustery afternoon.

• Visited November 2012