“Perfect stop on I-95” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Texas
“Perfect stop on I-95”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Stopped here for a break from the traffic and general unpleasantness of I-95 and it made life all better. Lobster roll has no mayo, just butter and lobster - yum! Beautiful view from deck. Only complaint is that restroom is a port-a-potty but it was remarkably clean.

“A perfect first lobster roll experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I drove down the coast specifically to get a lobster roll for the first time. We recently moved to CT and all we hear about are lobster rolls. I did a little google search and found 5 in CT that were recommended. Lobster Landing was the furthest from us but from the pictures and the reviews in Trip Advisor, we decided to make the drive...and we were not disappointed! Lobster Landing was perfect! Literally, right on the water and the entire place is either deck or crushed shells with picnic tables or plastic chairs and tables. There were seats in the sun or under the shade. We got there about 5:15 on a Sunday and they close at 6. I was worried we would be served some scraps by a sun-sweat soaked staff that close to closing. Nope! The staff was so friendly, it made us feel like locals who strolled up the street! The girls behind the cooking counter were smiling and laughing and looked like they just stepped out of the shower after a fun day on the water. Once you order, you take a seat, and they bring it out. You pay on your way out. It's a good thing too because we ordered two rolls and after we finished my husband was determined to stuff himself with another before we left! The menu is limited, as others have mentioned, but we went for the rolls so we weren't phased by the lack of choice. Lobster Rolls were $16. They have soft drinks and water and gelato too. It is BYOB though. Several tables had glasses and bottles of wine. We chose a six-pack of a local brew and plopped in the sun at a picnic table by some old traps and watched boats coming in and out of the docks. Or rolls came out hot and fast! It was a perfect first lobster roll experience. Lobster Landing is top on our list to take friends and family who visit. Great time!

Visited July 2014
CT
“Great lobster shack!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

We happened upon the Lobster Landing and decided to try it. Their menu is limited....meaning exactly 3 items on it....lobster rolls, hot dogs and sausage and peppers. There is outdoor sitting overlooking the water where you can watch boats go by. Very nice, very casual atmosphere. You can bring your own salads and other foods as well as BYOB. We had the lobster rolls and they were excellent. The rolls were toasted and had just the right amount of butter. The lobster meat was plentiful. Definitely filling. My boyfriend also got a hot dog which comes with cheese and he said that was good as well. Definitely worth the trip. Only a few miles from hammonassett beach.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bonita Springs, Florida
“Best Lobster roll Ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

We have to stop at the lobster Landing as soon as we hit Clinton CT. This outdoor shack serves up great food. I however, am partial to the Lobster Roll. It is served on a full toasted bun with nothing but real butter. There is nothing fancy about this place, but the owner takes pride in his menu and the college kids serving up the food are delightful.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
East Hampton
“Old New England Simplicity and Yankee Value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

After a recommendation. By two close friends, I made the trip from my home to Lobster Landing. To say it is unassuming is truly and understatement! The restaurant is built right on the Clinton Harbor and the food is simple and wonderful! Go there NOW before the Food Channel publicizes this place and you won't be able to get near . I had the Lobster roll- at $16.00 dollars, the amount of lobster was substantial served on a grilled roll drizzled with butter and lemon. I love to eat and this filled me up! I spoke to other patrons around me who had the lobster or the hot dog..everyone agreed that the food, the tastes and the quality would make any true New Englander (or those who just wanted to eat like one) proud. Bravo- I will be back.

• Visited June 2014