“Fabulous Austrian Country Cuisine” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Austrian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Central Village, Connecticut
“Fabulous Austrian Country Cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We have visited the Watch Factory Restaurant quite a few times. The selection is limited, but the food is always excellent. Service is first rate - maybe just a tad slow when very busy - but always cheerful and professional.

Chef Patsch, the owner, insists on consistency and perfection. Although quite "pricey", the food is well worth the visit. His veal dishes (we like the "Jager Schnitzel", which is the same as Wiener Schnitzel but with a nice brown sauce to accompany the veal. You can also get the Jager and Wiener with chicken or pork, for a variation.

Ask about his "root" vegetable soup - it's the most outstanding choice we've had there. Make sure you have reservations - even if they have open tables you cannot always get in if there is insufficient staff available!

• Visited May 2013

83% Recommend
“Charming hidden gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

We have eaten here many times and have never been disappointed. The food is amazing and always consistent. The servers are great as well....attentive without being intrusive. This is a great place for a casual meal with friends or a special night out. We love the fact that our table is ours for the night. This is truly the best restaurant in Cheshire.

• Visited August 2013
Cheshire
“Hidden Gem in Cheshire”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

This is the best kept secret in Cheshire. I lived here for several years before I even heard about it. It's now become the go-to celebration place for my husband (a CIA trained chef) and I. Marcus' meals are on point each time. The waiters are polite, knowledgeable, know their regulars, but treat new comers equally well. Don't come here expecting to be pushed in and out like cattle, this is not a Chili's. There is time between each course to savor and digest before the next course and you are never rushed out. When you're asked if you want the potato pancake....say Yes! Make reservations because the place is popular with the locals and they can't always seat walk ins.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Good but pricey”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

We recently returned here for dinner. The meals were good and we had no complaints. However, they also were not memorable yet the prices were. It is good, basic, somewhat Austrian fare. I must say given that is in a non descript setting and the food really is not spectacular I think it is substantially over priced. Would we return? Maybe. Would we go out of our way? No!

Visited April 2013
Connecticut
“Never disappointed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I have been here several times, but not enough in my estimation! It hooked me in with the seafood crepe on a lunch outing and every meal I have had there since for dinner has been fantastic. It is one of Cheshire's best kept secrets, as if you don't know about the Watch Factory, you won't find it. And yes, the prices are expensive, but if you enjoy a good meal, it is worth every penny. I have had the Venison special, Duck prepared various ways, the Salmon with a Tomato Herb Cream sauce and order many specials they offer nightly (last night it was the Beef Tenderloin with a mushroom sauce that was do die for)! I have loved every meal and Chef Markus is to be commended for preparing fabulous, but light sauces that complement instead of upstaging the food it is prepared for. I love the fact you aren't rushed through dinner and the small staff was courteous, friendly and spot on in their recommendations.

• Visited March 2013