“Lunch is Better Than Breakfast!” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 44 Restaurants in Cheshire
Cuisines: Café, Sandwiches
Cheshire, Connecticut
“Lunch is Better Than Breakfast!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I have had so many great lunches at Funky Monkey. But, breakfast today was a disaster. An egg and cheese panini took so long my coffee got cold waiting for it. the cheese was not melted, the bread was way over done. I'm sticking with lunch!

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

“Great place for locals to gather!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

The Funky Monkey has been a local favorite to Cheshire residents for years. I enjoy going with my family or my friends to enjoy salads, soups and sandwiches. The owner uses the finest ingredients with many of her dishes being organic, vegan and/or all natural. The food is fresh and really, really good. The atmosphere is casual and quiet. Customers come to read, work on their laptops (FREE WiFi) and just take in the beautiful artwork that adorns the walls. I love this place and I keep going back. It's been a great addition to our community and it's no surprise why not only our locals but people from surrounding towns keep returning.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Connecticut
“Great food and coffee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

I've been coming to The Funky Monkey since it opened. The food and coffee is great. Food is made fresh and to order so sometimes it can take a while to come, but its worth the wait. Call ahead if you are in a hurry, that has worked for me in the past.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cheshire, Connecticut
“Great location - nice place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We have not been here in a while. We used to stop by after finner have a coffee and share a dessert. Lats few times the coffee tasted old, service inconsistent and the dessert selection was limited. Good news - coffee was fresh, service was good and the desserts choices plentiful - including our favorite lemon cake!

it looks like the menu board was freshened up - looks good.

What we like the most is the artwork exhibits which change regularly. We need to come back more - I hope they add more artwork and move out some of the items and use more wall space for the art. Looking forward to the nice weather and enjoying the outside eating.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Cheshire, CT
“Fun atmosphere!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Great coffee shop that boasts comedy nights, artwork and fun. Coffee is a little pricey but good nonetheless. Tracy the owner is so friendly! Great person and staff there!

Visited May 2012