“Best thing to happen to Canaan!!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Asian, European
Connecticut, United States
“Best thing to happen to Canaan!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Great food, wonderful owners and lots of locals to chat with. The new booths add a great ambiance. Very professional staff with lots of experience.

Visited January 2013

CT
“A Fine Addition to the Area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I took my twin almost-six-year-old grandchildren for dinner. We were greeted warmly and offered a choice of locations where we might sit. We chose the main body of the dining area - with its expansive view of the golf course. Our waitress was charming and attentive to the twins. The staff in general were friendly and provided the twins with small plates of carrots stick and dip while we waited for our food. Their pasta (from the children's menu) was hearty and well prepared. The children's request for an order of olives was met with a small bowlful of delicious black Greek olives. Their side order of mixed vegetables was especially fine - with perfectly prepared (firm) steamed carrots, broccoli and squash. My pork dinner came with crispy roasted potatoes and batter-fried apples. Both the children and I were presented with warmed washcloths after our meals. The food was first-rate (my grandson ate a major share of my battered pork slices; my granddaughter ate most of my excellent side salad) and the atmosphere was very pleasant. I recommend Limey's without hesitation. They are particularly child-friendly. The venue is a welcome addition to an area that suffers from a lack of nearby restaurants.

• Visited September 2012