“I liked it” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 17 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Omaha
“I liked it”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

I went ther for lunch and lioked it so much I went back for take out for dinner. A good value and pretty tasty.

• Visited August 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“The food is bad”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2011 via mobile

Very bad food. It's like they bought a bouncy of frozen Chinese food and deep fried it. Very processed food tasting not fresh at all and no pride in it's preparation or presentation.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Brooklyn CT
“I Agree”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2009

I sat down with wife and child when this place first reopened..trying to find a decent place to have some chinese food. As the first review said, there was one oriental woman working like a dog there and service was just horrible. They changed the scenery..adding square plates and some other wanna be fancy decor but nothing can get you past the lack of quality or quantity of food they give you. I saw disgruntled looks on everyones face at every table while I sat and waited for 20 minutes just to get a drink and immediately knew I was not alone. When the food finally came and my family and I were famished...we got meger portions and what looked like old vegetables. I mentioned my dis-satisfaction on my way out and we were apologized to and they gave my kid a chinese calendar!!! OHHHH Gee thanks. I have to say..one of the absolute worst restaurants I have ever been to..hands down!!

Northeast Connecticut
“We should have known when there were no customers on a Friday night”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2009

This place was bad when it was the Old Ocean Palace, and I believe it's the same people that reopened as The New Ocean Palace Chinese Restaurant. You walk in and nobody is at the desk and there are no customers. A frantic young woman who doesn't speak much English appears all flustered with the sound of a screaming child in the kitchen. The food I ordered was a high priced combination plate. It came in a melted but stapled plastic food container. There were divides in the plastic container and they dumped a small amount of yellow decaying rice with bean sprouts that were rotting. In the 2 divides of the container the rice was placed. The chicken and broccoli main course was in the larger part of container. The chicken was rubbery and discolored and it didn't taste like chicken to me. I fed it to my dog. The broccoli was a combination of older used broccoli, I'm sure and a few pieces of fresh broccoli. It came with only one choice of a side. I got 2 chicken wings. I didn't get an egg roll. I called them. I was hungry and not too happy. To make matters worse, the meal, costed more than the local competitors and that made me angry. They make you wait a long time before someone appears from the kitchen. Then my meal was given to me after being placed on the floor waiting for me. The container was stapled shut, so, I was not able to take a look inside. When I got home, it wasn't worth it to go back out to get a new meal at The New Ocean Palace. Once I ate inside at the old Ocean Palace with my friend who is a 5 star chef and he gave service, food, checkout all two thumbs down. I was in the area so I stopped in to try under new management, but, I don't think the palace changed hands.
This restaurant is in Brooklyn, CT next to Baker's Dozen on Rt. 6 west.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere