“Cute & quiet inn for quick getaway!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Newbury Inn

You added Newbury Inn to your Saves list
Newbury Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1030 Federal Road, Brookfield, CT 06804 (Formerly Twin Tree Inn)   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Brookfield
Springfield, Massachusetts
“Cute & quiet inn for quick getaway!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

We stay every year and wouldn't go anywhere else! Check in & check out is always quick, easy and friendly. Rooms are well kept and clean. Breakfast is a plus, gets better every year. We will be back later in the summer.

• Stayed May 2014
Bennardo, Manager at Newbury Inn, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
I want to thank you so much for the positive review. The staff and I would like to thank you for being a loyal customer. I am so happy you are enjoying our new breakfast items. When in the area again please stop by.

Regional GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

Online reservation useless. Reservation never went through despite several confirmation e-mails. I was told room unavailable, and could get a different room for more money then originally reserved. The attendant would not look at my reservation that I was showing here and kept saying it's not in the system. Well, that's not my fault. I'm showing the proof that I made the reservation weeks ago, and the price, etc. The response given was "Well, it's not our fault either..." which to me means "Well, that's not our fault, it's yours." She said that I must have "not clicked the OK button or something..." and said "For future reference, you should call the hotel to make the reservation." Then why offer online reservations???

I traveled 6 hours with a toddler to get there in the rain, then was met with this. I was forced to take a different room with 2 full sized beds when I reserved a room with 1 queen sized bed. I made that reservation because I don't fit in a full sized bed... I'm too tall. The room was more expensive as well. The room smelled of being a smoking room, and was in need of repair (cracked/stained drywall and wallpaper, half the light switches and power outlets not functioning). The fridge smelled of mold, appeared to be older than I am, and didn't work anyway. The heater/AC unit made horrible sounds when using it, forcing me to leave it off. I actually had to break open 2 car air fresheners to mask the smell of smoke in the room.

The WiFi was free, and worked better than most hotels I've stayed at. And the beds themselves appeared to be clean, though the rest of the room was not. The location was very convenient for where I was visiting in the area. So good marks for those few things. But the reservation issue and status of the room was unacceptable. I visit the area a lot, and will not be staying at this hotel again. I would rather stay 20 minutes further away from my destination than to stay in this hotel again. And I am a very tolerant person when it comes to these kinds of issues. Having worked in the customer service field before, the policy of "The customer is always right..." does not apply at this hotel apparently. I had the proof of making the reservation and you have the nerve to say it's my fault it didn't go through into the system using the website that YOU use and that represents YOUR business.

Room Tip: Choose one at a different hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Bennardo, Manager at Newbury Inn, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Feedback is very important to me. We apologize for the inconvenience that occurred during your stay. Please visit us again when in the area and I will make sure your stay will be perfect. Please call us directly when booking your reservation.

Regional GM

Travelers are raving about these Brookfield hotels

Sarasota, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

We have pets and are always looking for places that will take them that are clean, comfortable and will not cost a lot extra. This hotel meets the bill. Marriott and other chains charge $100 per stay, which is not bad if you are there for a week, but it is too pricy for a single night. Newbury Inn charges $10 per pet for the night. The room was clean and relatively comfortable. The rolls in the morning tasted like they were day old. The staff was friendly and helpful. The responded quickly to emails and were interested in feedback. My impression is that they are trying very hard to attract a clientele. They are a way off the beaten path and there has been a lot of new hotels built in the Danbury area over the last 10 years, so they have a lot of competition. We stayed at the La Quinta in Danbury the last time through and it was tired and had insufficient parking. We decided to try the Newbury Inn, it was slightly better than the La Quinta so we will probably stay there in the future if we are looking for a room in the Danbury area.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Bennardo, General Manager at Newbury Inn, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
The staff and I would like to thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and also to thank you for your kind comments. The Staff and I take great pride in our hotel. We are happy you enjoyed your stay at the Newbury Inn. I hope to see you soon.

Danbury, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Booked Jacuzzi suite for weekend getaway with my husband. Received a phone call at 9:37 p.m. the night before my reservation telling me the Jacuzzi rooms were "overbooked" and unavailable. I was told I should have called the hotel to confirm. This is 2014 where everyone books rooms online as I did. I ended up scrambling to find another room at a different hotel, and will NEVER EVER return to the Newbury Inn! Beware if you book there ......

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Bennardo, Manager at Newbury Inn, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
I want to apologize for any inconvenience that occurred when booking your reservation on line. . I looked into the matter when you booked on line and there was a problem with their reservation system. I hope that when in the area again to email me and I will personally take care of your reservation.

New Milford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

Perfect place to stay when visiting the area. The staff is extremely nice and helpful. The room looked newly updated and clean. Breakfast was included and they had a nice variety of food to choose from.

I would recommend the Inn to anyone visiting the area. I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: I liked staying in the main building.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Bennardo, Manager at Newbury Inn, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your kind words about our hotel. We take great pride in our rooms and service. Thank you again and hope when in the area again you will visit us.

West Hartford, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

This was a true dump in every way.
The shower had mold in it.
The front desk receptionist was extremely rude in that upon my husband and I arriving..she insisted upon our giving her our credit card. There was no professional greeting.
We regret staying here.
The breakfast consisted of stale bagels and watered down oj. ..shouldbe advertised as a snack..it was a trashy dump of a mmotel experience we will soon like to forget forever!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2014
Bennardo, Manager at Newbury Inn, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and also for taking the time to write about your recent experience at our inn. We strive to accommodate all of our guests and their needs and I am disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the service you received from our staff.

Plattsburgh, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

I have stayed here about 3-5 days a week for the last few months, as a regular traveling business. I've stayed at quiet a few hotels/inn's but this one surpasses the average. Very friendly staff, and warm welcoming smiles. Very, very clean and reasonably priced! What really separates this place from the average is the staff; I had to spend Thanksgiving away from my family and they had a sign that said "We're not just a hotel, this is a family." and that's exactly how they made me feel.
Thank you for your service, look forward to returning next week.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Bennardo, Manager at Newbury Inn, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay at the Newbury Inn. and for being such a loyal guest. I am happy it feels like family when you visit us! We take great pride in our property and our staff. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Newbury Inn

Been to Newbury Inn? Share your experiences!