“Hidden Gem” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Newbury Inn

You added Newbury Inn to your Saves list
Newbury Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1030 Federal Road, Brookfield, CT 06804 (Formerly Twin Tree Inn)   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Brookfield
New Milford, Connecticut
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

Perfect place to stay when visiting the area. The staff is extremely nice and helpful. The room looked newly updated and clean. Breakfast was included and they had a nice variety of food to choose from.

I would recommend the Inn to anyone visiting the area. I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: I liked staying in the main building.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Bennardo, Manager at Newbury Inn, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your kind words about our hotel. We take great pride in our rooms and service. Thank you again and hope when in the area again you will visit us.

Regional GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
West Hartford, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

This was a true dump in every way.
The shower had mold in it.
The front desk receptionist was extremely rude in that upon my husband and I arriving..she insisted upon our giving her our credit card. There was no professional greeting.
We regret staying here.
The breakfast consisted of stale bagels and watered down oj. ..shouldbe advertised as a snack..it was a trashy dump of a mmotel experience we will soon like to forget forever!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2014
Bennardo, Manager at Newbury Inn, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and also for taking the time to write about your recent experience at our inn. We strive to accommodate all of our guests and their needs and I am disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the service you received from our staff.

Regional GM

Travelers are raving about these Brookfield hotels

Plattsburgh, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

I have stayed here about 3-5 days a week for the last few months, as a regular traveling business. I've stayed at quiet a few hotels/inn's but this one surpasses the average. Very friendly staff, and warm welcoming smiles. Very, very clean and reasonably priced! What really separates this place from the average is the staff; I had to spend Thanksgiving away from my family and they had a sign that said "We're not just a hotel, this is a family." and that's exactly how they made me feel.
Thank you for your service, look forward to returning next week.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Bennardo, Manager at Newbury Inn, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay at the Newbury Inn. and for being such a loyal guest. I am happy it feels like family when you visit us! We take great pride in our property and our staff. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Susquehanna, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I have stayed at this motel a couple of weeks each year for 10 years. Very comfortable bedding. Quite and friendly. This is a nice place to overnight or stay if you are working in the area. My biggest complaint is the TV. They are nice LCD TV's but it takes forever for the picture to display when you change the channel. Great coffee, bagels and muffins in the morning.

Room Tip: The suites out back are very nice but a little expensive for where it is.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Bennardo, General Manager at Newbury Inn, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. . Your feedback is important to us. The staff and I are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Newbury Inn, Brookfield, CT. Please visit us again when in the area.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

This isn't a bad option if you need a room for a short stay in the Danbury, CT area. The Inn was hard to locate at night even with GPS. Bed was comfortable and room was well appointed for a value option.

• Stayed August 2013
Bennardo, General Manager at Newbury Inn, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
We want to thank you for staying at the Newbury Inn. We appreciate your positive review. Please come and visit us when you are in the area again.

Cortland, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

The outside didn't look like much but the rooms had recently been renovated and were very clean. No vent fan in the shower room did make it bit steamy and I wish that had been part of the reno. Managers very friendly and nice. Breakfast was okay but overall for the price we found everything to be fine and would stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for posting your feedback regarding your experience at the Newbury Inn in Brookfield, CT . Your feedback is important to us and we are very pleased that you enjoyed your time with us and found our hotel and team members welcoming.

When in the area again please visit us again.

N ewbury Inn
Douglas, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

My husband & I travel quite a bit & it takes a LOT for me to really complain & take the time to right a review such as this, however, I have to agree with the traveler who said there was "Lots to improve." We were on the first floor. The door to our room had a gape at the bottom large enough to let in a mouse and other creepy crawly things. The toilet leaked. The carpets were so completely disgusting that I wouldn't allow my infant daughter on the floor. From simply walking around barefoot in our room for a little while, my feet were black & sticky. Friends of ours were staying in a room upstairs & they were informed they couldn't lock their door as it didn't work. We checked in on a Friday & out on Monday. Both Saturday & Sunday morning housekeeping was knocking on my door between 8-8:30am. On Sunday they even let themselves in when I didn't answer right away as my daughter & I were sleeping. Their groundskeepers were weed whacking & mowing outside our room early in the morning as well (8am). The positives: they are conveniently located & reasonable, their front staff were pleasant & they had a nice continental breakfast.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is very important to us. I do apologize for any inconvenience you had during your stay at the Newbury Inn. Since your review we met with the housekeeping staff and the maintenance staff to discuss the issues. We are making sure we resolve it immediately.
When coming to the area again I hope you give us another try.Please email me when you are in the area again and I will make sure your stay is perfect.

Regional GM

Been to Newbury Inn? Share your experiences!