“Diamond in the Rough” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 51 Restaurants in Brookfield
Connecticut
“Diamond in the Rough”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

Being new to the area, I'm always on a quest for good pizza. This place has some very good points and some not so good points. With some changes, I think this place could be amazing. I ordered a pepperoni pizza and some fried zucchini sticks. Here are the good points and bad points:

Good Points: Everything was perfectly cooked. The pizza dough was very nice, it had some chew and was a little bit crispy on the bottom. The dough was not too salty. The marinara sauce that was served with the zucchini was excellent!!

Bad Points: The pizza was a grease bomb and I believe this was due to a lower grade pepperoni and lower grade cheese (oil based). I've included a photo of the pizza. The pepperoni was also way too salty and it took over the taste of the pizza (for me at least). My wife thought the pizza sauce was a tad too herby but I was totally overwhelmed by the salt from the pepperoni.

The zucchini sticks, while perfectly cooked, were a tad mushy inside and my guess is that this was due to the zucchini sticks being a frozen product and not made fresh.

I think with some ingredient changes this place could be totally amazing.

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Danbury, Connecticut
“Best pizza in area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

I will start by saying that there really isn't any really good pizza in the Brookfield / Danbury area. Bellos was formerly La Famiglia. Not sure what happened with that partnership, but they are the best around. Dinners are good as well. They are a bit pricey , and I think they have reduced the size of their large pie