“Girls day” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 13 things to do in Bristol
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: With over 402 acres of fun, Lake Compounce is the oldest continuously operating amusement park in North America, welcoming families since 1846. Lake Compounce has ten cozy catering pavilions and plenty of room to host your next birthday, party, family reunion, and corporate event! Lake Compounce combines unique and exciting thrill rides and coasters for all ages with a full-sized water park—all for one low price. As the park continues to delight families from all around the New England area and beyond, the balance of evolution and tradition continues to play an important role at the nation’s first amusement park.
Westfield, Massachusetts
“Girls day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Last time I had visited was in 2004 and had come to the park the last week for an over due trip. I had come down with my family and had a great day. I was disappointed that boulder dash was down but still managed to have fun. Compared to Six Flags parking and food prices were much more reasonable. It was so nice not to be bombarded with gift shops and games. Also food stands were spread out enough that you weren't tired of seeing them. And there was enough benches in the shade that we could find. Staff was actually friendly and were very helpful. Money worth spent.

SaraFLC, Manager at Lake Compounce, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Hi Jovigal! Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review. We take pride in providing our guests with an enjoyable experience and I'm glad that you agree. Boulder Dash is back open now so you may just need to come by for another visit!

Have a Great summer!

“Fun for all”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

I try my best to go to Lake Compounce every summer and when I do I am never disappointed. The rides are phenomenal, the food is great and affordable, the pizza is my favorite, and the drinks are free! My all time favorite ride at Lake Compounce is probably Zoomerang and I really recommend you try it. All in all this park is amazing.

SaraFLC, Manager at Lake Compounce, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Hi Dustin! We are so glad that you enjoy the park year after year. Zoomerang is one of my favorites too!
VA
3 attraction reviews
“Total Waste of Time!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Drove up from Richmond,Va this past weekend to go to both nearby parks. Six Flags and Lake Compounce. We got to the park around 2:30 Saturday and upgraded to the better parking only to find someone holding the gate open for friends to park for free. We had a few rides picked out that we wanted to try and paid our $80 bucks to get in only to find two of the three were down. a We found a person to ask about the roller coaster and we were told that it had been posted on the web page. I didn't check the web page and did not know this but he seemed to find that very odd and I could tell he was far to busy to answer a question. I could have done without the "you should have checked the parks web page!" We waited in line for almost an hour to ride the other roller coaster and then started to look for something to eat. My son got the ribs and mac and cheese, I got chicken tenders Ribs were cold and the chicken tenders were anything but tender. so we spent over $30 bucks for the food, but we did get free drinks.... Whoooooo! What a bargin. After about 3 hours in the park we had been on three rides and had lunch and spent well over $130.00 for two people. But we did get free drinks.. Whooooo hooooooo! After spending 5 hours at the park and riding six or seven rides we didn't think it was worth the money. Even with the free drinks. we left very disapointed.

SaraFLC, Manager at Lake Compounce, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Hi SForbes,

We are extremely sorry that you had a bad experience. This is the first that we've heard about the issue with preferred parking, we will look into that immediately. We would also like to apologize for the way you were spoken to by our employee. We pride ourselves on having extremely good service and that type of tone is not tolerated here.
“My kids and husband loved!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Perfect... for a family day!! Is a lot a stuff for every body! Something for my 13 and 12 years old and for my 2 yearl old they have a lot a stuff!! The only think i dont like is they do t let my son go in the water rides.. because he need a swim short.. so i need to buy one.. 25 dollars.. but other then that awesome park..!!! We want to go back:)

SaraFLC, Manager at Lake Compounce, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
Hi Yolanda! Glad to hear that your family had so much fun in the waterpark! It is actually a health code law that any children who are not toilet trained need to wear a swim diaper in public pools. I will look into adding that to our website. Hope to see you again soon!
Ozone Park, New York
14 attraction reviews
“Amazing and Fun Family Day - look forward to next visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

My daughter told us she wanted to go to the "Amusement Park for her 5th birthday". I was looking for some place different, and that would be fun for both my 5 and 9 year old. Someone told us about Lake Compounce. I have to say we were very pleased. What a pleasant surprise. We honestly had a wonderful, fun family day with good friends. The park is very clean. We spent the morning on the amusement park rides. I love that the little kid rides were all in one area. My 5 year old daughter and 6 year old niece ran from ride to ride while my friend and I sat in the middle and watched them. They were thrilled because they felt like big girls being able to ride without their parents. There was almost no wait for any of the rides they went on and all of the workers were very nice. My nine year old also had a ball -- she and my husband went off and went on all of the thrill rides. She was tall enough for everything so she was tickled pink. My husband seemed to enjoy the rides as well. We met up around 1:00 and checked into our Cabana. We rented a Cabana and I would highly recommend doing so. It was nice to be able to sit and relax without being in the crowd. The water park area was also very nice and clean. The play areas and the slides for the little ones were terrific. Again the 2 little girls were able to go up and down the slides by themselves while we watched. They also enjoyed running and playing in the sprinklers. I enjoyed the wave pool, lazy river and some bigger slides with my older daughter. We all loved the family raft ride, however the wait was ridiculously long. Since it was my daughter’s birthday I had ordered cupcakes, through the cabana menu to be delivered to the Cabana. They arrived right on time and were delicious. My daughter was very happy. After we were finished in the water park we went back on some rides again. Then we headed out. We had plenty of time to go on everything. I have to say the only thing I was disappointed in was the fact that none of the shows/entertainment were running. When I asked about this- we were told it does not start until later in June. I feel that if you r park/water park is open from Memorial Day to Labor Day then your entertainment should be up and running too. None the less the Park is very nice and very clean and my family had an amazing day. The girls keep asking when we can go back.

SaraFLC, Manager at Lake Compounce, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write this review, I'm so glad that your family had a wonderful time! Our goal is to have enough for everyone of all ages to enjoy so it is always great to hear that we've succeeded. Hope to see you at the park again this summer!

Been to Lake Compounce? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Lake Compounce, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.