“America's oldest and best amusement park” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 13 Attractions in Bristol
Type: Amusement/ Theme Parks, Amusement Parks
More attraction details
Owner description: With over 402 acres of fun, Lake Compounce is the oldest continuously operating amusement park in North America, welcoming families since 1846. Lake Compounce has ten cozy catering pavilions and plenty of room to host your next birthday, party, family reunion, and corporate event! Lake Compounce combines unique and exciting thrill rides and coasters for all ages with a full-sized water park—all for one low price. As the park continues to delight families from all around the New England area and beyond, the balance of evolution and tradition continues to play an important role at the nation’s first amusement park.
new hartford ct.
29 attraction reviews
“America's oldest and best amusement park”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

I might be a little prejudice about this place. I grew up living seven houses away.I'm over 50 years old and have never paid to get into this amusement park. You see my neighbors owned it, and it was a great place to grow up, when you were a kid.The park only had 13 original rides. the merry go-round, and the wildcat ,all wooden roller coster, were the best and still are in my book.Lots of memories in this park. Many ,many famous people performed here .From Frank Sinatra, to Stevie Ray Vaughn, right thru the 1990's the place was rockin.Come on, this is the place where Millie Vanillie's record got stuck, ending their career!

Visited July 2013
SaraFLC, Manager at Lake Compounce, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Thanks for the great review and for reminding us about our rich history! See you this summer!

Seattle
12 attraction reviews
“Had a fantastic time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

I went to Lake Compounce to enjoy the haunted house and go on some rides. I'm glad I did! The haunted house was like nothing I've ever seen. It took 45 minutes to walk through. I was chased by chain saws, scared more times than I can count and followed around by scary creatures whispering my name. Creepy!! I went on the majority of the rides, roller coasters, swings, etc, even the sky coaster! (which costs extra, only $15 the night I was there). Really the only thing I didn't enjoy was the wooden coasters. They are very jerky and uncomfortable to ride on. I would absolutely go back if I find myself on that side of the country again.

Visited October 2013
SaraFLC, Manager at Lake Compounce, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write this review! We are so glad that you enjoyed the Haunted Graveyard, did you know that it was featured on The Travel Channel last year of one of the best haunted attractions in the country? Sorry about your experience on the wooden coasters, they definitely have a different feel than a steel coaster. We are replacing part of the track on the Wild Cat this winter which should make the ride smoother. Hope to see you again soon!
Orlando, Florida
8 attraction reviews
“Great Amusement Park For The Whole Family!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

We love it here... They have something for everyone! I love the shade and food, my kids love the water park and we all love the Boulder Dash! God that ride is amazing!

Especially at night! We highly recommend going in the summer and staying until the park closes (try to plan it when the park is open late) A night ride on Boulder Dash will change your life forever! It is so fast and fun.

You also have to do the Sky Lift! That is a must and bring your camera!

Visited August 2013
SaraFLC, Manager at Lake Compounce, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write about the park and review it. I hope you enjoy your night time rides on Boulder Dash.
West Haven, Connecticut
9 attraction reviews
“Great place for an old-fashioned park”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

This placed is pretty packed, and you can do everything in one day.
The lines aren't that long, and some rides are pretty long. They are starting to add new rides as well. This place is great for a summer day.

Visited June 2013
BRISTOL CT
4 attraction reviews
“Old Style New England Trolley Amusement Park”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

A wonderful collection of both classic and new attractions.

Boulder Dash is one fantastic coaster! I also enjoyed the classic woodie coaster Wildcat from 1927. A 1911 carousel, authentic 1911 Trolley car, a flying scooters type ride from 1937 plus Zoomers cars. This came from Miracle Strip Amusement park in Florida and fits in with the older themes.

But add in Boulder Dash, Rev-o-lution, Ghost Hunt, Thuder n Lightning and Downtime for new rides to even it all out. Plus both Thunder Rapids and Saw Mill plunge are my favorite water park type rides I have been on. And they are in the process of doubling the size of the water park. Admission and food are unbelievably reasonable. Just Go!!!!

Visited December 2013

Been to Lake Compounce? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Lake Compounce, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.