“Pricey But Good Food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Pricey But Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

The Salad For 2 Was Quite Tasty. I Had The Single Sirloin, It Was Cooked Just The Way I Like It And Was Very Tasty. Although I Normally Don't use Steak Sauce I Was Compelled To Try Joseph's Homemade And Was Quite Pleased With The Taste. We Also Got A bread basket That Had Two Different Breads And Crackers. The Breads Would Have Been Nicer Warmed But That's Just My Opinion.

In The End...3 Adult beverages, A Salad For 2, A Chicken Dinner And A Steak dinner = $131

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

76% Recommend
“Disappointing lunch - atrocious service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Friends who had just moved to the area took us for lunch to Joseph's. After we were seated, and ordered, we waited for an extremely long time until our food arrived, with the apology from the waitstaff that he had pushed the wrong button when ordering Philly steak sandwiches. When the food arrived, the sandwich was lukewarm and the fries warm and soggy. I usually enjoy this meal but this time, on a scale of 1 to 10, this rated a 2 - 3 at the most. Our host also left part of his BLT sandwich. My wife's chicken picatta was fine.

We then waited a long time after stating we were finished, had told our waiter that we did not want desert or coffee and asked for our check. After another long wait, our host had to go to the bar to get and pay our check as the waiter was too busy talking to other patrons at the bar.

Would I try Joseph's again?? Perhaps for dinner to see if their cuisine and service meet their reputation.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Oak Park
“Come for the steak but don't forget the Salad!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We enjoyed our dinner here. There were three of us and the waiter made a great suggestion for our meal. Loved the house salad with BACON! Too good. Then we shared the porterhouse steak for two. Delicious. Plus mashed potatoes and asparagus. Overall a very good meal.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New Haven, Connecticut, United States
“ANTS”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

We have been going here for years as it as always been a favorite of ours.. We dined there last week and when we started eating the food we noticed ANTS all over the table. We called the waiter he apologized and offered to move us to another table and buy us dessert. No replacement food or drinks and no compensation either just dessert. We called to talk to the owner the next day as he was not there that night we left multiple messages and he never returned our calls.

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Astoria, Oregon
“Absolute HEAVEN”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

My parents come here all the time!! It is the BEST! The entire staff is incredible, friendly and can absolutely make you feel like you're home! Kevin is one of the nicest people I have met...it was my first time here and it was like I had been coming in for years! The steak is the greatest I have ever had...along with the home fries!! And the sauce...we now keep on hand at our house!! This restaurant is incredible!!! My new favorite!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere