“Great Holiday Inn” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bridgeport
Sheffield, UK
“Great Holiday Inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

Great service, location and fantastic people who work there.
The rooms are your typical HI rooms, I stayed on the upper floors the last two times and they are very quiet rooms.

The managers special evening is also a great idea, with a special service feom the General Manager and the Sales Manager, where a drinks reception and small snack is free.

• Stayed January 2013
Michele H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bridgeport, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
So glad you enjoyed the reception. We hope to see there again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Carneys Point, New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

After staying at few 'run down' Holiday Inn's in the past month it was nice to arrive at one that had it together. This location is right in the downtown of Bridgeport and there are many places to eat with-in walking distance. I did not try the food at the hotel but tried a local place just across the street.

Rooms are clean and 'newer' so are the hallways. Fitness room was well stocked with equipment, but like most places only half of it worked properly. The pool looked nice, but did not try it. Room was well stocked. Overall, worth the stop.

Be aware there is a parking fee, it was $6 when I stayed.

Room Tip: Remember there is a parking fee.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Michele H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bridgeport, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
So glad you enjoyed our hotel and downtown Bridgeport. We look forward to serving you again soon.
Scranton, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

The rooms are typical, but comfortable. The hotel is well maintained and great on the inside. Parking is a garage for $6. The city isn't the safest, but being inside the hotel you wouldn't know. The food is great, and the bar is very relaxing, we love Nick the bartender. The priority coupons for food is a plus, this could be a free drink or free breakfast! The heat & A/C units are LOUD and disturbing, and there is not a real way to turn them off. But the hotel is generally quiet and comfortable. The staff are amazing and accommodating and very friendly. Don't upgrade for the executive floor, the only difference is a mini fridge and a patch of wood flooring - nice, but not worth the money.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are larger. Ice machines on 3, 5, and 7 floors.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Michele H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bridgeport, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
So glad Nick took care of you well! My apologies for the loud heating unit. We will definitely address that.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Not a vacation destination. But convenient. Also, a really good price. Right off 95 and right downtown. Rooms were good sized and parking is a bargain. Great service in reception. If you want a bargain hotel with good clean rooms off I95, stay here.

• Stayed December 2012
Michele H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bridgeport, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. Glad we were convenient for you.
valley stream
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Normally I would not take an overnight for my sales job in Bridgeport, CT; however, I had to be at Bridgeport Hospital at 6am for a sales call.

This hotel looks like it was completely gutted and remodeled not too long ago. The night I arrived it was snowing so I decided to eat at the hotel restaurant, Park City Grill. The food was GREAT and reasonable. My soup, salad, and burger were very tasty, much better than an Applebee's or Friday's.

The room was quite and comfortable, no surprises.

The next morning, since I had to be at the hospital at 6am, I forgot to let the front desk know I would like to come back and use the Fitness Room and shower in my room around 9am.

When I came back to the hotel, the front desk manager stated I was already checked out and my room was cleaned. However, she was nice enough to provide me a card key to the Fitness Room which has a shower room inside.

I am a workout nut, and this Fitness Room is well stocked and more than adequate.

In my mind, the Front Desk Manager went above and beyond.

I would recommend this hotel if you need to stay overnight in Bridgeport, it also has very easy access on and off I-95, but is far enough from the Interstate that you will not here any noise (as is the case with many hotels in Milford, CT).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Michele H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bridgeport, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
I'm glad you were able to get your workout in. We look forward to your next visit with us!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Stuck in traffic in the middle of a snowstorm late at night with a stomach ache. Stayed at this hotel. Was a little wary of downtown Bridgeport. The Beds were amazingly comfortable, the shower was terrific, the breakfast was good. And overall value was terrific. Don't hesitate to stay here, I won't in the future.

• Stayed December 2012
So glad we were able to accommodate you. Thank you for staying with us and for the nice review!
Portland, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Stayed here on our way to NY. First impression entering the city is this is a city going through some rough times. The hotel feels like a Gem in a rough city. The staff was really helpful and nice. Really pushed it from average to Very Good. Nice bar and restaurant on the property. When we went to the room i was surprised how big it was - above average size. The only issue was at 2AM in the room next to us decided to have an after party. My wife called down to the desk and ask for them to talk to the room about how loud they were. At 3 AM it was still going on even though we heard the staff come up and tell them to keep it down - that lasted about 10 min. I called down at 3AM and said if they dont get them to be quite i am calling the police. 5 mins later i heard the staff come and disperse the crowd. And then when my kids woke up at 6am i was sure to tell them to be as loud as they wanted......and they did. On a side note the hotel does have a pool - keep in mind it is inside but make no mistake about it - it might as well be outside...it was F R E E Z I N G - my kids dared me to jump in which i did - and i even got them to come in for two mins - but it was so cold we had to get out. Overall i was really impressed. I would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Michele H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bridgeport, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Glad you enjoyed our hotel and thank you for the feedback. I certainly apologize. We look forward to serving you again.

Been to Holiday Inn Bridgeport? Share your experiences!