This place has some nerve asking the prices that they do. First of all it is truly in need of some updating. The place has the ambiance of a 1980's chain. That is the best way to describe it. The only thing that makes in not look 1980's is the teens and twenty-somethings that like to use the bar for their cavorting. Fortunately the elevator is controlled by your room swipe-card so the partiers can't sneak upstairs. The lobby truly has a ghetto style cacophony. Not good.
Also there are no amenities and the staff is best described as hard-edge. They are sort of vague and disinterested, like this is just a way to get a paycheck.
The rooms are bland and have no character. They have room darkening curtains which is one plus, so that you don't have to see the mess outside from all the buildings in the neighborhood that are either boarded up or old and dated looking (seedy?).
Unfortunately we found a couple of roaches in the bathroom of all places as the pics I took on my phone will attest to. The management said they will have an exterminator service the room. UGH!
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Bridgeport Hotel
- Holiday Inn Bridgeport Hotel Bridgeport
- Bridgeport Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn hotel, Bridgeport is an elegant high rise in the heart of downtown on Fairfield County's gold coast. Bridgeport, Connecticut borders Fairfield, Trumbull, Shelton and Stratford. Bridgeport is home to many corporations, General Electric, Aquarion, Health Net of the Northeast, Sikorsky Aircraft, Connecticut Post, Unilever, R.C. Bigelow to name just a few. Whether here for an overnight stay, a conference or that all important social event, the Bridgeport Holiday Inn will help plan it all. The beautifully appointed ballroom makes this hotel the perfect venue for your wedding ceremony, reception or family reunion. Our upscale guest rooms offer comfort and amenities one would only expect from a full service hotel that includes complimentary wireless high-speed Internet. The Bridgeport Holiday Inn is easily accessible from major highways that include I-95, Wilbur Cross Parkway, Route 8/25 and within walking distance of the train and bus stations. Enjoy fine dining within Park City Grill, our restaurant serving the finest Continental cuisine or room service if you prefer fine dining within your room. Other amenities include our lovely lobby lounge, the Blue Martini, business center, new expanded fitness center with the latest equipment, guest laundry & enclosed swimming pool. An award winning staff eagerly awaits your arrival. The Holiday Inn hotel, Bridgeport loves motor coaches and tour groups. The hotel's 209 rooms are all interior corridor rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, IHG, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotels.com, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Bridgeport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.