“Discovered some muscles I never knew I had...” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 17 things to do in Bridgeport
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: The Adventure Park at The Discovery Museum is Connecticut's first tree top climbing and ziplining park. Look up-You will see a series of platforms in the trees connected by various configurations of cable, wood, rope and zip lines to form bridges. Each bridge presents a different challenge of how to get to the next platform. A series of bridges form "aerial trails" that proceed throughout the forest, from one tree platform to the next. There are eight different trails to choose from that you can enjoy at your own pace.FALL HOURS ('till Nov 11): Fri 3pm-9pm, Sat 9am-9pm, Sun & holidays: 9am-Dusk. Illuminated Night Climbing Fri-Sat! Group reservations welcome 7 days a week.
New York City, New York
13 attraction reviews
“Discovered some muscles I never knew I had...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

We went to Adventure Park at Discovery Museum after seeing a Groupon offer. I never knew this existed. What a great find! I was about 1.5 hrs drive away from NYC. We went on a fall Saturday. It's open in Spring and until mid November. I downloaded the registration and waiver off their website to save time. They give you approx 3 hrs for doing the trails. The place looks very clean, new and well taken care of. The staff was very informative and helpful. There are always orange T-shirted STAFF people walking around and you can ask them anything. They are encouraging and give you tips on how to go on the obstacles. There were a few birthday parties there along with quite a few families and friends. This is definitely not for the scardy-cats.

The first stop was getting the harness on. Again, very helpful bunch of staff. After that, there was the information session on how to work the cable clips and zip line rollers. Lots of attention paid to what to do and what not to do. At first I thought this was quite drawn out and long as we were chomping at the bit to go on the trails but it's all necessary.

There are yellow (easy) trails, green, blue, black and double black. Since this was our first time, we decided to do an easy yellow one to get our feet wet. One look at the double black and we knew it wasn't for us. Maybe for the more adventurous folks!

The yellow one was easy enough for us to get used to. Lots of balancing, swinging, and zip lining. On to the green Forest Walk (?) one and then to the blue Waterfall one. Seeing that we went as a family, there was a lot of encouraging, tips giving as well as good-natured heckling. More encouraging than heckling of course!

There was enough trails and not enough people so that no one trail was jammed. Only 3 max people on a pedestal and only 1 person on a line at a time.

The cable system is excellent. I didn't feel like there was a dangerous situation at any point. By the time we got to the blue trail, there were muscles aching that I didn't know existed! Good thing?

There are picnic tables under the trees that non-climbers can hang out and snap photos of their friends and family. There is also FREE WATER available on the ground! A definite PLUS! Some of the trails and courses were quite challenging but with the mantra of "Mind over matter" and "If I can do this, then Fear Factor, here I come!" I went through it just fine.

I highly recommend this for families, birthday parties, friends adventures, etc... Driving back, we reminisced on which was our favorite course, which was the most difficult cable and how much fun we had. What a fun day for all!

Asheville, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
“So Much FUN!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We went in the early fall and spent a few hours playing around in the trees. It was fabulously fun! There are different level courses for different ages and confidences. They have a great cable system that assures that no one is ever unhooked from the safety cables. I would go again and again!

“Exciting, rewarding FUN!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I went to the Adventure Park last weekend with a Goupon, and we had so much fun that we came back this weekend and brought his dad and sister. We were pretty nervous on our first course, but we soon realized it's quite safe despite how high up we were and how tricky some parts of the course were. There are four levels of difficulty, and we did all but the hardest level (black). It was adequately challenging, but not too tough that we couldn't finish. I definitely recommend it for anyone in decent shape who wants an adventure! The staff was great, too. They were very friendly and went out of their way to help.

Windsor Locks, Connecticut
“Excellent, Awsome, Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

My daughter and I went together today. She had it off of school and I took the day off from work. This was my very first experience with this type of activity. My daughter has done this before in New York. Our day was full of fun, laughter and by the end we were both tired. The staff was excellent. Thank you for all your help, support and cheers. Arrive early as there was a bit of a wait, but well worth it. We are already planning on coming back and with a few more people. If you have been wanting to try this but are not sure, they have a small course to go on before hitting the big stuff. Still not sure, the staff is there to help you when you need it. My clamp got stuck (couldn't get it un-latched to move on) a staff member came and un-stuck it for me. Everyone was great, even those that had to wait for me to get up my nerve to go across the t-bar slide. It is way better than an amusement park, best of all your excercising and bonding all at the same time.

Bridgeport, Connecticut
“Great for mind, body and spirit!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

The adventure park combines physical challenges and brain teasers in a peaceful setting. I found it a unique experience in that it was fun, exhilarating at times and also deeply relaxing. It's a great way to shed stress and just focus on enjoying the moment. You may leave tired as I did, but it's the best kind of tired there is.

I took my 14 year old cousin here on a boiling July afternoon but it was much cooler in the trees and the heat wasn't a factor at all for us. The staff was friendly and helpful - they're accessible if you need help at any point but not intrusive. We were able to do the two beginner courses two times each and one of the intermediates during our 2 1/2 hour visit. As others have said, definitely start with those unless you're used to this type of thing and the height involved. It can be intimidating at first, but when you push that aside and just do it, it's great fun. Both of us can't wait until we get the chance to visit again.

Very, very highly recommended!

Visited July 2012