“not much special” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn & Conference Center

You added Days Inn & Conference Center to your Saves list
Days Inn & Conference Center
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   375 East Main Street, Branford, CT 06405 (Formerly Branford Motor Inn)   |
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Branford
New Haven
“not much special”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

When I first arrived for checking in the gentle men wanted to charge me additional for being under 21 however for online booking there is no verification stating what age you should be this causes inconvenience because once you're card information is already given only then are you told because you are under age there is an additional few I did not appreciate that it felt like a scam. Also once checked in I was given a room already occupied when corrected there was no apology for myself getting embarrassed and walking into another guests room while they were still occupying the room. When I was given a different room it was pretty disappointing to see how the carpet didn't look vacuumed, but who after the third inconvenience would keep wasting time? I did not enjoy much of my Valentines day due to this hotel I feel I did not see my moneys worth I think the personnel running the place were arrogant as well and had no manners. I was interrupted and told to check out as well a good five minutes before checkout time I feel I was rushed out and it was very rude!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Wichita Falls, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed here while traveling for business related reasons and never again will I make that choice. The room smelt of musk, I think it must have been mold, and smoke. It is to my understanding that smoking rooms were provided at this facility but you would think they would keep them far away from one another. While the room was a decent size it was outdated and the carpet had an immense amount of stains and what looked like ciggarette burns. The sheets on my bed also had stains one which was of a brownish color, I don't even want to know what that was. The metal fixtures in the bathroom were all fairly rusted and the towels provided in the room are very tiny and could never accomodate a full sized man. I then had a problem with the remote to my television not working. When I called the front desk the man working could not understand my problem and was very rude and quick to brush me off. He called maintence to try and fix my tv and while he got to my room very quickly, the language barrier was even worse. The so-called breakfast in the morning is a joke. The creamer I used for my coffee was actually chunky and the bread seemed rather crispy, this is before putting it in the toaster. All in all I did not enjoy my stay here whatsoever. I would not reccomend this place to friends, family, or even a complete stranger.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hampstead, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

The first thing you notice when you pull into the property is that it is quite dated, the parking lot is in dire need of paving and the doors of all the rooms open to the outside. There are no indoor corridors. The motel is 30 feet from I-95, so you can hear the traffic noise very well from the room. The front desk staff was friendly and check-in was fine. We stayed in room 132 which was on the second floor. The first thing I noticed upon entering the room was the foul smell. It is hard to describe the aroma, but it was not pleasant. It was not so bad that I could not stay there, but it took a little getting used to. The room decor was dated and dark. The carpets needed to be cleaned. One of the lamps in the room was missing a bulb which caused the room to feel even darker. There was plenty of dirt and cobwebs behind the nightstand and the phone jack behind the nightstand was coming off of the wall. The sheets on the bed, however, appeared to be clean. The A/C - heater unit was fairly new and, while somewhat noisy, did heat the room up fairly well. The thermostat was a bit off because I had it set to 69 and it must have been 79 in the room. The bathroom did have a granite counter top, which was nice. Most of the metal items in the bathroom - shower curtain, towel rack, outlet covers - had a good deal of rust on them.

The motel offers breakfast in the lobby with the price of your room. It is not a fancy breakfast - cereal, bagels, donuts and breads - but is is adequate. The coffee was fairly good though. Don't try the apple juice from the juice machine - it had fermented and was nasty.

The motel was far below the standards I usually set for accommodations, but I am picky when it comes to where I will stay. The lodging arrangements for this trip were made by another family member, so I had no choice in the accommodations. Had it been up to me, I would have stayed somewhere else in the area. If you are not picky about your accommodations, and need an inexpensive place to stay while in the New Haven area, this place will probably do.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
Arizona City, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I really enjoyed the hotel. It exceeded my expectations in terms of quality and service. The owners were very friendly and helpful.Cleaning staff was great (the woman inparticular! very friendly with my girls).
Breakfast was awesome .. Muffins, Bagels,pasteries, Cereal, Coffee, Tea & Juice. All fairly fresh. Our room had mini fridge, microwave, coffe/tea maker, bathroom had hairdryer, toiletries, decent towels. All very clean.
I definitely recommend this place!!!!

West Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I took a recent trip down to Branford to visit family & friends. I wanted my personal space so chose to stay at a hotel and with a budget, Days Inn was my choice. They've definitely spruced the place up a bit, so after reading some of the reviews I had hope. The entire parking lot has been repaved and the exterior has a fresh, bright new color. The front desk clerk was especially helpful & welcoming. My room was a decent size and looked clean & a bit updated, the bed was extremely comfortable, and the free wi-fi was a definite plus. I got a very good nightly rate and was satisfied with my stay, I had no problems, no noisy neighbors and breakfast in the morning. I think this place is worth taking a second look at.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

We stayed in a 2 bed room after attending a performance at the Yale Rep Theatre. Beautiful, modern, the staff is friendly and service oriented. Very convenient to the Rep. Great counter to work at with real desk chair and lamp, small but very sufficient bathroom; quiet,feel good atmosphere.
Beds very extremely comfortable, Iphone speaker charger, real business style phones at bed and desk. The elevator responded immediately which is something you don't see all that often in an urban hotel.

Room Tip: Room service is EXCELLENT!!!
Louisville, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

worst place ever!
This is an old and beat up motel, very noisy and skimpy with any amenities. If I had known that, I wouldn't have booked it. The person who checked us in was just short of rude. At least someone tried to make the room clean.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Days Inn & Conference Center? Share your experiences!