“Cozy, Cozy, Cozy” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
New Haven, CT
“Cozy, Cozy, Cozy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I have been here at least 6 times in the past year and I have never had "horrendous" service or so one reviewer said. Sometimes I think people spend way too much time on how their treated by their waiter instead of just having a good time. Each and every time I've gone we are greeted immediately and served drinks right away. Our dinner is never long waited and one time they didnt' cook my Mom's steak well enough and they had no problem cooking it a little more. They were sooo sweet to her. The waiters/waitresses here don't hound you and make you feel like you should leave right away. It's a very cozy, warm atmosphere and the food is always really good.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

glendale, ca
“A Seafood Surprise!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

On a family vacation, with two 3 year olds, a 10 month old and grandparents, Lenny's was where we went to have our family dinner and it was a delicious surprise. The food was much better than expected, truly delicious. Highly recommend but go early as I have feeling this place fills up quickly!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wallingford, Connecticut
“Mediocre food, horrendous service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

If you want to be ignored, this is the place!
I've never had a problem paying a bill as I've had with this place.
The food was mediocre at best and very expensive.
Two people spending $85 should at least get a smile from the server.
Don't worry, we left the appropriate tip!
If you're going to spend this kind of money, there are other places worthy.
DON'T GO HERE!

Visited July 2013
Branford, Connecticut
“Soak in summer at the New England shore atmosphere!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Okay, so this place can be uneven as some other reviewers have pointed out, but we have found some items on the menu that are consistently great and have our out-of-town guests asking to return. Standouts include fresh clams and oysters, lobster sliders, fried clam strips, grilled scallops, and their clam chowder. Surprisingly, their hamburgers are a favorite also. Their wait staff is friendly and has a can do attitude. Overall, the atmosphere is warm and casual, and while summers are special there, it is a great place to go any time of year.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Connecticut
“Barely okay food and dining experience for top dollar”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Lenny's has a big and promising-looking menu, but the delivery is pretty disappointing, particulary for the price. The descriptions of the meals and the prices lead one to expect top-notch everything, and it falls far short. A $25+ special, a seafood casserole, was a little over-cooked (not horrible, but this place specializes in seafood!) and delivered in way that was sloppy and unattractive. A flavorful but thin sauce for the casserole had overflowed the small baking dish, making for a mess on the larger plate. And there were scraps of french fried potatoes on the plate (not part of the order--yuck!). A mixed vegetable side dish seems to have started with fresh vegetables, then over-cooked them beyond the point of any flavor. A baked potato was okay, but oddly lacking in flavor. This would have been an acceptable entree for $15 or so, but I felt ripped off. My dining companion had fried shrimp that were large and tasty, although the oil did not taste optimally fresh to me and the fry batter was thicker than I like. A side of coleslaw was heaped so high it spilled all over the place--another mess. I would have been happy to share my thoughts during the meal, but when the manager came by to ask how everything was, I didn't have a chance to swallow and catch his eye before he was gone again. He didn't seem to want to hear a response from both of us. I see no reason to return there.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere