“Just what you'd expect” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Branford
Gillette, New Jersey
“Just what you'd expect”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

This is a very serviceable property. For a reasonable cost you get a clean room in decent condition with good amenities (Wi-Fi, cable, microwave, fridge, toiletries) in a handy location. If you're expecting The Ritz you'll be disappointed. If you're looking for a good value it can fill the bill.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Mahendra M, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave a nice review for our property. We do have a great location to the highway and we also take great pride in our property. We value you as our guest and hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
East Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

I have been staying here for two weeks, and will continue to stay here for another 4 or 5 weeks. I had come from Branford Motel, which is disgusting. This motel is very clean, well-maintained and the owners are very caring. They make me feel like I'm home. I am going through a difficult time in life right now, but I truly felt welcome here. Small refrigerator, but a microwave at least. Very low noise too.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are a family-operated business and treat our guests like famly as well. We took over the property a year ago and we are happy you chose us to stay with. We do hope things work out for you and we are always here if you need to stay again!
Manchester, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Very clean room, comfortable bed. Had issues with the wi-fi which was frustrating, they should invest in a better router or signal booster. Convenient location off highway yet room was quiet. Heater was rather loud. The owner was extremely nice and pleasant. If having the most modern amenities is important to you, this is not the place for you, but in terms of cleanliness, this place is top notch. Bonus was having the refrigerator and microwave.

Room Tip: Others have commented on the non-smoking rooms not being available - I had no problem getting one an...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
We are sorry for the inconvenience with the WIFI. Since you have been to our property, we have installed a special WIFI booster and router that has taken care of all the issues. We do hope you come back to see us again. We also updated our TV's to HD LED flatscreens...we are sure you will love them! Safe travels!
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

There was a bed and plumbing TV and that was about it. Reception was less than -- Thanks very much for being our guest. Multiple times the WIFI was down and had to request reboot from office. And I believe it was shut down during the night.
Clean and neat room though I do suggest having hand wipes available as the TV remote needed to me de slimed. Toilet was not of low volume flush capacity which in this day in age it should be.
Over all a less than fine place to stay but what do you want for such an inexpensive cost.
Will look for something a little better next time.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else unless low price is your need
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
We are sorry that you did not find our rooms to your liking...we have clean, quality rooms and are very proud of our housekeeping team (as noted in all of our other reviews). Since you visited, we have corrected the WIFI situation with proper booster and router and now everything is running great. We have just ordered our new contemporary bedding and are always updating to better standards.
Groton, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Because of my job as a disaster relief worker I go through periods where I spend a lot of time away from home. Finding a hotel that is willing to work with your crazy schedule and isn't trying to take advantage of a time when people are in need is believe it or not difficult. The owner and his staff of this Americas Best gets my 5 star rating.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind words, we are always trying to accommodate our guests schedules and situations. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you remember us when you are back in the area!
Weatherly, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I have not actually stayed here but I apparently had reservations that were no where to be found. I then found the charge of this hotel on my credit card after the weekend was up and now could not get a refund. Spoke to the hotel and my booking agency that could not tell me prior to the weekend that I had reservation so I booked somewhere else, now they want to keep my money. After contacting the reservation line and dealing with the customer service I still can not get a refund because they leave up to the hotel itself. The Manager Patel says according to the booking.com I made reservations but doing more investigation I still could not find where it shows I made them so to me I got ripped off. I would never recommend or look at another chain fo American's Best Value Inn!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
This was a reservation made during the past ownership and we are not clear on exactly what happened. We are hoping you come by and stay with us in the future.
Fairfield, Pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

My son and I recently went to Mass for a motorcycle race and came home through RI and CT. Had no reservations but looked up motels on the Garmin. This establishment had rooms available at a very reasonable rate so gave it a try. The gentlemen at the front desk was very pleasant and the room was the cleaniest I've stayed in for quite a while, cleaner than most hotel/motels who are much higher priced. I definitely give this 2 thumbs up!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!