“Love this place” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Branford, Connecticut
“Love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

I love a good burger or steak, but I also love G-Zen. The first time we visited I order enchilada's. They were delicious, and I was full for the rest of the night. We ate at G-Zen this past Tuesday night and I had a spicy bean burrito with sweet potato fries. I could eat this meal everyday!! It was the best!! so, if you want to try something different, this is the place. Staff is nice and friendly, and attentive. I also ordered a pale ale ($5.00). I'm not a beer expert, but this was cold and tasty!

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Berkeley, California
“The G-spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

I'm easily annoyed with gimmicky names for food, so dishes named G-fries, "jewels" (instead of sides), or Rock the Casbah kind of push my buttons. However, getting past that, this place has an enthusiastic staff and decent food. My friend had the aforementioned Rock the Casbah which was very good; but this being almost a week ago and New York City having intervened between then and this review, and I, myself suffering jet lag, I honestly can't remember what I ate. Whatever it was was decent. I do remember thinking I'd return (I am a vegan-leaning vegetarian) if I lived in the area. I found prices a little high, but I do realize vegetarian and vegan cooking is often more labor-intensive than most other cooking, and, to jack prices up every further, everything served here is organically grown which I consider a big plus and which I'm willing to pay for..

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
connecticut
“Nope.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

Overpriced, under seasoned food. The vegetables are cooked to death, the tofu is chewy and bitter and the wait staff are slow to the point of ridiculousness. Take out isn't even worth the effort. Everything congeals into a bland, sticky, flaccid mess. You're also sitting almost butt-on-butt with your neighbors. FAIL.

• Visited June 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Madison, Connecticut
“If you like expensive vegetables you are in luck”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

This place is cool, and different... however the food just doesn't warrant the prices. I went there with 3 other people and our bill was $100 for an appetizer and some meals. To get cheese on anything was a couple extra bucks. I just don't understand... I would rather have lobster and filet mignon for $100.

• Visited January 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Orleans, Massachusetts
“Hard to believe it's Vegan!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

Food here is great! Bring your friends who are doubters as to the delicious nature of vegan food. Try the nachos, the portobello napoleon, everything we've had here is great. and don't foget the sweet potatoes. The desserts are fabulous and you won't be disappointed by the wine either. The ambiance is very soothing and the staff is friendly. Enjoy it! They do take-out as well.

• Visited March 2012