“If you can get into your room” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 New Haven - Branford

You added Motel 6 New Haven - Branford to your Saves list
Motel 6 New Haven - Branford
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   320 E Main Street, I-95 at Exit 55/Highway 1/E Main Street, Branford, CT 06405   |
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Branford
Fort Mill, South Carolina
“If you can get into your room”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I booked this based off previous reviews. I arrived late, around 1:30am. I had to check in using the overnight window, which I hate. Check in was fairly smooth. Got to my room and put some stuff down and then went back out to get the rest. I came back and couldnt get in my room. The door wouldnt open. I had to get the guy to come and open it with the master hard key, as none of the electronic keys worked. The room was odd. Theres this huge area with nothing in it (see photo). Theres a small desk and chair in the middle of the area. Apparently Motel 6 is so cheap, they couldnt get something to put there? I never used the TV or internet. Bed was decent. Shower wasnt that good. Half of the water came out of the tub faucet and not out of the shower head. Its a non smoking room, and it had an ashtray in it, turned upside down, with a no smoking symbol. Yes, im not kidding (see photo). Check out also was an issue as they couldnt get the drawer open behidn the counter. I dont think ill be staying here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Kenora, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I was somewhat skeptical about staying at this hotel based on recent reviews but I'm happy to say that I was very pleased with my stay at this hotel. For an economy hotel, the room was spotless and well maintained. I couldn't detect any odor--smoke or otherwise--that other people complained about. Connie, the hotel receptionist, was very helpful and friendly. I would definitely stay here again when I'm in the area. It's an excellent value!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Stayed here for two nights because of an unplanned trip for a family emergency. Yep, it was cheap, but you get what you pay for! The room was super musty smelling, kind of an 'eau de cat pee' scent. The polyester comforter had cigarette burn holes in it. There were various rooms where I think people were staying for an extended length of time, so doors were propped open like it was a dorm building. People also put bags of garbage out in the hall way, not sure what was up with that!

The woman who ran the front desk was super sweet and kind, though. That was a positive. Oh, and the vending machine sells condoms, so you're set for any unplanned sex that may occur!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I booked here based off of reviews, I'm a smoker so the smoke smell I thought wouldn't bother me, the pet policy is attractive but my problem derives from a prebooking of this room & in the room description on line it said if I booked in advance I'd get a $35.99 rate & free Internet access. Uppon arrival I was rudely told that that rate wouldn't be honored, they then asked me if I wanted Internet I said what online it said it was included! I was told they did not participate in corporate adds! So beware, Motel6's aren't all the same! The 1 in Virgina I stayed at the night b4 was must more of a value & the bed was much much more comfortable for $29.99

• Stayed September 2012
Lancaster, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

I stayed here with my family for a single overnight stay while returning from a vacation. This Motel 6 was exactly what I expected. A good simple place at a good value. The internet and airconditioning worked fine. The room was non smoking and did not smell bad. There was coffee in the morning. No Problems.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

There might not be a pool, blow dryer, iron, coffee maker, micro, fridge, or even a clothes closet or a bureau. But if you are like us....out and about, getting in late, crashing for the night, then getting up early to do it all again....we found that we really didn't need to pay another $50. more for a place that did. The best part of all are the beds...super comfortable, and I am REALLY picky about that.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Clinton Corners, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012 via mobile

Stayed on business, it was fairly priced ($59 after tax), clean and very convenient to the highway (I-95). Would stay again if I had to be back in the area.

• Stayed May 2012

Been to Motel 6 New Haven - Branford? Share your experiences!