“Dissapointing and misleading” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Odetah Camping Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bozrah
Odetah Camping Resort
38 Bozrah St Ext, Bozrah, CT 06334   |
Omaha, Nebraska
“Dissapointing and misleading”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Odetah looked like a beautiful resort from the pictures we saw online. What they didn't show was the proximity to a busy highway and the lack of peace and quiet. We definitely weren't prepared for the smell. The staff seemed friendly enough at times, but the management seemed almost annoyed to be bothered. It was a dissapointing experience we don't wish to repeat. I can't recommend spending your time or money here.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

39 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Danbury, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

the staff is wonderful and helpful and the kids working there are all super nice. It is a beautiful location and the bathrooms are very clean compared to other campgrounds I have stayed at. There is quite a bit of noise from the highway but nothing can be done about that. the mini-golf is really cute and the kids loved playing there. I would stay again

Room Tip: the safari area is nice. look at the campground map very closely to understand how far you will be...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Wethersfield, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

We rented the "Skunk" log cabin. There were two adults and four children. It was PERFECT. We brought a small fan to keep any highway noise away while we slept and this was perfect. The kids were busy and happy the entire trip. From the huge water trampoline, to the big bonfire on the beach on Friday night, they were in heaven.
The deluxe log cabins are wonderful. Clean, quiet, and no bugs :)
One little tip: we brought several comforters to sleep on (on top of the beds) because the waterproof mattresses make a crunching sound when sleeping on them.

Room Tip: Ask for Skunk or Turtle cabins. They are perfectly located!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

Horrible location with non-existent activities run by a rude staff next to a loud highway. Manager was no help and didn't seem to care.

• Stayed July 2012

Travelers are raving about these Bozrah hotels

New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

First I want to say, they need to update their site. There are no activities for children. They are so cheap you have to pay extra for each child to stay, meanwhile you have to pay to do any activities. It was clean, but other than that, I am disgusted with the place. We rented a cabin, and there was a sqeeking noise, so I went down to get help. It was definately a mouse. It sounded like it could have been inside the cabin. I had to go back 3 times to finally get help. The manager was rude and said, it is not his problem, it is something you should expect when you go camping. Horrible experience. I can continue but all I can say is YES it was a mouse. We left that night. Worst experience ever!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Milford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

I just returned from a weekend at Odetah. It's so beautiful. I camp in a 17' travel trailer and had full hook-ups. I stayed in sight 43(I always stay in this section.) Most of the roads are paved. The campground is spread out on a hill with a beautiful lake at the bottom. Even though it seemed very full, there are so many things to do that the campground doesn't get too crowded in any one area. I love the online reservation system too!There's a nice store, a decent restaurant, very friendly people at check in and at the store. It's close to other stores and restaurants, casinos, beaches, malls etc. if that's what you're looking for. I like that it's well manicured, the people are friendly, bathrooms clean, they have garbage pick up each night, ice cream, and the beautiful lake. The one downfall is that it's close to the highway and you might hear the cars all night if you're in a tent. In addition, you are not allowed to walk your dogs around...but they do have a dog park. And if you're in the section that I mentioned, I've seen people walk their dogs to the dog park and no one bothers them. You should always be a responsible dog owner anyways so respect the park!
I would also like to add that i took my friend there for the first time. Her response to her non-camping friends was this, "this place is spotless. It's clean and pretty. It would be great for families." And this is from a beginner camper who has only seen two other campgrounds. One a dump, and the other a 5 star resort. There are two things I would like to see improved. 1. check in should be online and without having to stop at the gate. If they gave out codes for the gates instead of cards, this could be done. Like at the 5 star resort mentioned above. 2. They started vip card service where the more you spend, the more benefits you get. That includes being able to get reservations earlier next year. For someone like myself, who can only get there 2-3 times a year, I may be shut out of holiday weekends since I won't be spending that kind of money at the resort.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

We stayed at Odetah from 6/22-24, in T3 which is a primitive tent spot right on the lake, convenient to the store, the beach, the pool & the bathrooms. Everyone who works here is overly friendly & helpful. Very clean bathrooms, pool & beach. The kids got a kick out of the tram, which they rode at least 10 times in the time we were there. There was a local farm stand all day Saturday, which had fruit, veggies & flowers for sale. At night a local singer entertained everyone at the beach while a bonfire blazed. We also had lunch at the lakeside Oasis cafe & had excellent burgers. We have camped in many campgrounds throughout NY & New England, and I would have to say this is our favorite so far. You won't be disappointed if you decide to go. Next time we may rent a cabin or yurt there just for something different!

• Stayed June 2012

Been to Odetah Camping Resort? Share your experiences!