“finally” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
connecticut
“finally”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I have been wanting to go here for years, living a mere 15 min away. We went on a Sunday afternoon, not many people there which was nice, service was very good. Its the kind of place where the local farmers will show up with coveralls and suspenders, Prime rib was very good, nice salad and soup. Was the place out of this world, no. But I wasn't looking for Las Vegas either. I guess I always ask myself, would i travel 30 miles to try it, probably not. There are a lot of places with the same food and service. But if you live nearby, sure why not?

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Watertown, Connecticut
“Second Time Even Better!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I was surprised by how many people were here at one time! This time I got the Surf & Turf and the food was to die for! It came with a lot of food and I couldn't finish the steak but I definitely finished the shrimp. Also I liked the almond joy martini i had and my husband even had some. This visit was so great I just had to write a review!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bedford, United Kingdom
“Brits on holiday”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

We have been several times and enjoyed our food and found the service friendly. Each time, we have been beaten by the size of the portions - lunch for the next day! My husband is gluten intolerant which limits his choice but they did have gluten-free desserts. Prices are reasonable.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Litchfield, Connecticut
“I like this place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

My husband and I have been there twice and both times we enjoyed our food, enjoyed our service and the price is right. They have food specials which are very good and drink specials frequently. The first time I had fish and chips and it was great. The second time I had a fish special - piece of broiled cod on lobster bisque with a stuffed shrimp on the top. Came with soup or salad, bread, baked potato all for $13.95. Wonderful. The owner came over to our table twice to see how everything was. They have owned it for 23 years and her husband is the had chef there and comes up with some wonderful food combinations. This is a family oriented restaurant that caters to all tastes. I would absolutely recommend to a friend and return again.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Winsted, CT
“Great food !!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

We eat at The Painted Pony often & always great food !!!
The prime rib is the best & everything is very reasonably priced !!!

• Visited July 2012