“A place like no other” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Imaj Private Villas Lombok

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Batu Layar
Imaj Private Villas Lombok
You added Imaj Private Villas Lombok to your Saves list
JL Jurusan Penanggak KM 1, Batu Layar, Senggigi, Lombok 3531, Indonesia   |
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Batu Layar
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Parkes, Australia
“A place like no other”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Before I even went on this trip I was already getting incredibly service. I was taking a 11 month old baby and I constantly was emailing in regards to different things I may need on the trip. They were more than helpful. Nothing was a hassle.
From the moment we arrived we had incredible service. Right from the airport. We arrived late but they stayed back to make us some dinner before we went to bed. The staff would bend over backwards to help with anything we needed.
The villas were huge, you dont get places like this anymore. The bedrooms were clean and the bathrooms were amazing.
It was a great relaxing holiday. The staff organised every tour and babysat my little one. Which I dont know who enjoyed it more her or the staff. They adored kids. Which made it so much more comfortable to leave her while we experienced lombok.
The food was great, we didn't get one bad meal. We had so many favourite dishes we ordered 2 extra every night just to try. Especially the spring rolls.
I would highly recommend these villas, especially for couples or a group of mates. We hope to go back soon.

Room Tip: Villa 2 had better showers than Villa 1. And a bigger bar fridge
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Indonesian first
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I recently stayed in villa 1 at Imaj with 4 other girlfriends on a voucher deal. We used a travel voucher and were extremely impressed at the quality we received from it. The 3 bed villa was huge with large bedrooms and massive stone bathrooms. There is only one small bar fridge but the staff will helpfully bring you ice buckets if needed.
The views were amazing overlooking the hills and the sea and the pool and outdoor area was beautiful. The road to the villa is very bumpy but not as bad as I expected from reading the other reviews.
The staff were very friendly and helpful and nothing was too much trouble for them. The food was also excellent especially the banana pancakes for breakfast.
The spa was probably the only disappointment as I got the impression that the girls were not professionally trained given the quality of the manicure/pedicure and facials (I wouldn't recommend these) but the massage was great. There are much cheaper places in town to get better quality treatments. I have given this feedback to Imaj though so hopefully they will rectify this soon.
We had a wonderfully relaxing week and I would recommend Imaj to other travelers although not to families with small children as the pool is not fenced and there is a large drop off the edge of the property.

Room Tip: Villa 1 has the best views
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We stayed at imaj villas for six nights in mid September. We are a family of four ( two children 6 and 11) we stayed in villa batulayar the two edroom one at front of resort.
We stayed three years ago and loved it so muc we returned this year. Not much has changed which is good and bad. The view is still beautiful and un spoiled, development around imaj is minimal and the staff are still amazing.. So helpful and friendly.
The road leading to villas is a disaster - much much worse than 3 years ago. Taxis would drive up and back then but now they refuse and you must use villa transport which can mean some waiting about and generally a little less flexibility. I know the road is in no way the fault of the Vila staff or owners but is worth a mention as it is so dreadful.
The airport has also moved so it is now 1.5 to 2 hour road trip depending on traffic to get to and from the villas - again not the fault of imaj but worth preparing yourself for.
In general we felt the villas were actually a bit tired and in need of some updating, the furniture is looking old and tired and chipped at the edges, the sheets and towels could be refreshed and the patio furniture is wearing out.
In saying that the highlights were plentiful, it is amazing value for family accomodation in a private vils. We wandered on foot up the hill set the villas and shopped at the local shop as well as chatting to some local folk. When we wanted to buy snacks but did not have cash a local guy zipped my husband back to the villa to collect his wallet - we offered to buy him and his daughter a cold drink or snack but he waved us off and said it was nice to be able to help us out..
The staff at the villas are beautiful, so lovely with our girls and happy to help in any way at all.
The food was fine and at a reasonable price and as we were leaving they were launching a new cocktail/mixed drink menu that looked good and reasonably priced.
In all a relaxing and happy stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Things we loved -

Staff: kind, helpful,courteous,just an exceptional team!

Villa: beautiful location, untouched, cultural experience w locals, well maintained, highly private

Food: done to our liking and freshly served, nicely placed and plated. Banana pancakes!!!

I would want to return here when I have a chance to.

• Stayed September 2012
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I have just returned from Lombok after spending 5 majestic days with my girlfriend at IMAJ's honeymoon villa. I have visited many of the Asia's famous beaches and stayed in recommended villas too. My stay in IMAJ is definitely the best I have experienced in Asia in terms of "valued for money" as the experience you gained from the amount of money spent supersede my expectations.

Food: We spend our mornings and afternoon dining in our villa and ordered lots of room service, we tried a wide variety of the food offered in the menu and we were never disappointed once. Being a Singaporean, where food is a major talking point and a huge lifestyle here, I was deeply impressed with their food. Even though it was a little pricey, who can one blame. They hired a chef just to cater to the few private villas that they have and with such high standards of food, you cannot be expecting to pay cheaply.

Service: Top notch service rendered by the managers and all of her staff, even though they do have a very good command of English, one can definitely understand them and even hold a conversation with them. The staff are always so cheerful with a huge smile on their faces, greeting you respectfully every time they see you or when delivering the room service. The massage was also of good standard, making sure it was of the full duration that you had paid for.

My overall experience with IMAJ was close to excellent, definitely one of the best holiday I had. I will definitely stay with IMAJ when I visit Lombok again. My advice is to go with a light heart and not have super high demands or expectations and let they wow you.

Special thanks to the villa owner, Mei-Lin for all the help rendered to me. =)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Wollongong, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stayed 5 nights in a 3 bedroom villa with another couple it was absolutely stunning amazing timber work and very traditional, the staff were excellent would recomment this villa to hemeymooners, they have a honeymoon villa. It is very quiet. The villa we had overlooked the ocean it was an amazing outook. It is not within walking distance of anything but not a problem to get a driver to take you about 10 minutes to Sengiggi . This was fantastic value.

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

We (five girls) had a wonderful five nights in Villa 1. The villa was beautiful, the service was friendly and helpful and the view amazing. We really appreciated the easy transfers to and from Sengiggi and everyone was very happy to help. The food was yummy and very well priced, too. The only disappointment for me was the facial I had at the day spa - it was quite rough and compared to prices in Sengiggi, quite expensive. That was only a minor comment, though, and it certainly did not detract from my stay!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Imaj Private Villas Lombok? Share your experiences!