“Mis-represented On-line Info” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Berlin
Los Angeles
“Mis-represented On-line Info”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2009

It's not that this is a bad hotel. The issue is that their on-line description of their amenities are very mis-represented. I booked a one-bedroom suite because we were traveling with a teenager, and separate sleeping rooms were very important. I even called the hotel directly to make sure that this is what I booked. Never the less, when we arrived, we were shown to a single room with 2 queen beds. When we protested, they apologized for any misunderstanding and moved us to a "business suite" which was a slightly larger room with a living room set in one corner and a single king bed. Upon further protest, we were told that they only have 2 true one bedroom suites, only one of which was non-smoking, which was currently occupied. We were also misled about the complimentary breakfast. We were expecting a breakfast buffet typically found at places such as the Marriott Residence. What we found was a continental breakfast. Nowhere on the Best Western website was there the word "continental". So again, there is really not much wrong about this hotel, it's just not what we expected.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
vt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2009

Outstanding customer service, friendly staff, great/clean rooms and a good breakfast! The staff was very welcoming and definitely accommodated every request, including an easy check-in and check-out.

• Stayed February 2009
Newtown, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2009

I stayed with a group of ladies at this Best Western for a seminar. The hotel was very comfortable with basic accommodations. The rooms were very clean. We also liked that the rooms came with a small sleeper sofa, so four ladies fit very easily in the two beds and one sofa bed. I really liked the microwave and refrigerator that were provided. There was a coffeemaker, and the bathroom had a built-in hairdryer that worked well. The beds were comfortable. The buffet breakfast looked plentiful, although I only had time for the coffee. But other ladies from my party said it was good, especially the waffles. The front desk attendant was extremely helpfully, even supplying jumper cables when one of our vans wouldn't start. Overall a good basic hotel that is clean and comfortable.

• Liked — price and room layout
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
boston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2008

Everything looked clean and fine on the surface. There was a slight odor- as mentioned in other reviews - but it wasn't offensive. I was in bed watching TV and enjoying what I thought was a great deal when I noticed I had 5 or 6 bites on the back of my thighs. Had a cordial conversation with the man at the front desk who very nicely offered to put me in another room. I didn't stay. I got a refund. Might have been a fluke but I certainly wouldn't go back to find out!

Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2008

I found this hotel to be the "bare minimum" to keep a Best Western membership, despite the plaques in the lobby touting their high Best Western inspection scores.

Examples:

* Very slow WiFi access.
* Never more than 2 towels in the bathroom.
* Cheap breakfast with tons of bread, very little fruit or yogurt.
* Cheap bedding.

My guess is that this hotel was constructed at the least cost possible, and over time it will show its age sooner than most hotels. There was little competition in this area of the Berlin Turnpike at the time this hotel was built, but that is changing very fast.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
NH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2008

I enjoyed this hotel thoroughly! We actually decided on this hotel while visiting some colleges with my daughter.. it was very convenient for us to get to the highways from here to see Wesleyan, Quinnipiac and Yale.. lots of restaurants within a short drive and quiet and clean area without any signs of danger anywhere nearby.. this was important especially with our daughter with us.

Breakfast was good enough, internet was a nice feature and rooms were very clean and comfortable

we would stay again and reccommend to anyone visiting the area.

• Liked — quality of rooms and service
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Beantown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2007

We found this hotel during our business trip to Central CT (We operate an Engineering Firm designing 2 new Retail facilities in the area!) The hotel looked and felt brand new, but apparently it is a couple years old but meticulously maintained! Our room was called a "Business Suite" and had a king bed, couch, comfy chair, microwave and fridge and a VERY ergonomic chair!

The room was huge and I would compare it to a Springhill Suites room. Lots of space for us to relax and really spread our maps and reports out. Decor was really nice and upscale and we really had to compliment the staff and GM for taking such care of the hotel. There was wireless internet and a nice indoor pool that we even used! Breakfast was adequate and I would say comparable to a Holiday Inn Express breakfast.

We stayed for 4 nights and the stay was terrific all around. There were lots of restaurants a few miles up and all the stores we needed (Man is Walmart the best!). We had some jobs in Newington, West Hartford, Berlin and Meriden and the hotel was literally right in the middle.. the GM told us that Berlin is the geographic center of the state and it really felt like it because every highway was right there. If we get any more jobs in CT we will defiinitey be back to this Best Western and recommend it to all! Thanks Best Western Berlin.

After watching the recent Office episode I had to write about this stay =)

Stayed October 2007

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS New England Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!